• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC Map Galleries

Scott, I've voiced this concern elsewhere, as have others, but I'd like to reiterate the need for higher-res maps, particularly encounter maps such as those in the new delve format. I wouldn't expect to print these to 1" grids, but I would like to be able to use them with virtual tabletop tools such as MapTool. My gaming group has taken to using MapTool in our face-to-face games for the sake of quick encounter setups, and being able to use the nicely designed maps that are presented in adventure modules without having to recreate them is a plus. I'd usually just scan the map myself, but the maps presented in the delve format are way to small and rotated at an angle.

Please consider posting the maps at higher resolutions for this use, and if you're taking requests for specific maps, I wouldn't complain if the maps for Eyes of the Lich Queen were uploaded sooner rather than later. ;)

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Hey, wot happened? I came to this thread this morning and the map in the OP was this little dinky 2-inch thing. Now look at it! I can read the callouts and everything. Did Scott already work some mojo? CHEERS!!

-DM Jeff

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Hussar said:
Just took a look at the Forge of War map gallery. I'd love to say that the maps look great, but, y'know what? Straining my eyes to see a map two inches square on my screen isn't much of a preview. I can appreciate bandwidth issues. I honestly can. But, good grief, a map like this:

It's funny... I was looking at your post and thinking 'what's the problem? I can read that perfectly well'

Then I get further down the thread and find that Scott has already worked his mojo and I'm seeing the improved version in the initial post.

yay Scott!

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Looks around for Scott Rouse)

Man, I could really use a million dollars right about now...

Seriously, thanks again for the help, Scott. I'm really tempted on Forge of War, but if I keep buying stuff now, I can't pick it up on the floor at Gencon...

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Is it... is it possible that Scott_Rouse is made of pure undiluted awesome?

:)

I agree with others that I'd like to see these maps (and the Delve maps) in the highest resolution possible in order to use them as battle maps. Those delve maps are so nice, but so small....

Remove ads