WotC Names 10 "Adepts" On Their DMs Guild Store

WotC's Dungeon Masters Guild store launched 18-months ago, and was a vehicle for D&D fans to produce material and sell it to other fans in one convenient online mega-store; WotC's version of the App Store, essentially. WotC's Chris Lindsay comments that the store now has thousands of new publishers on the store - something which is both bug and feature. One of the problems with such a large body of content is that it can be tough to find the really good stuff, and WotC has tried to address this is in past with columns highlighting certain products (and, indeed, there are websites which do that very well too, including the ENnie-nominated Loot the Room which posts a monthly Best of the DM's Guild column).
WotC's Dungeon Masters Guild store launched 18-months ago, and was a vehicle for D&D fans to produce material and sell it to other fans in one convenient online mega-store; WotC's version of the App Store, essentially. WotC's Chris Lindsay comments that the store now has thousands of new publishers on the store - something which is both bug and feature. One of the problems with such a large body of content is that it can be tough to find the really good stuff, and WotC has tried to address this is in past with columns highlighting certain products (and, indeed, there are websites which do that very well too, including the ENnie-nominated Loot the Room which posts a monthly Best of the DM's Guild column).

guild_adept.png

WotC has just launched a new initiative. They have picked ten DMs Guild creators, who they are calling "Adepts", and will be highlighting them in their podcasts and other media going forward, as well as giving them early copies of adventures like the upcoming Tomb of Annihilation so that they can produce content to go with that product on launch day. They even get a special gold badge so you can spot them on the store!

So who are WotC's first Adepts? They are:

I did a quick search at DMs Guild and linked to those authors I could find, though I failed my search-fu on three of them. But you can check out the ones which did work.

From what WotC is saying, it looks like this group will change periodically -- "It won’t always be the same group, and the group won’t always be the same number of folks, but it will be fun and exciting to see what wonders they create." There's more information in WotC's announcement.

One of the important take-aways for most is that there will be third-party content for new adventures on launch day.
SaveSave

cmad1977

Hero
She's been gaming *well* over a decade and DMing at Meltdown Comics in LA for years. She has more experience than her stage presence shows.

Arguably, she created one of the first online D&D videos series, waaaay back in 2010 before streaming was on anyone's mind.

She's done way more more for our hobby than the people whining in this thread.
And she ran literally the only 4e game I enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffB

Legend
A lot of sour grapes up in here.

How so? Thats a stupid comment.

Why not just ask and be direct instead of throwing out a half-ass post in my general direction?

No sour grapes. No whining.. Never heard of her, thought she presented herself poorly in the colville interview as a D&D player and would not want to spend any $ on a product of hers based on that. If she's so awesome, then she should present herself as an equal and competent when she is interviewing other gamers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
She did. Seen the interview?

So, out of curiosity, what is the standard of stage presence that you require from all D&D creators you buy from? I assume your collection is very small. This comment came across really poorly. I can't imagine anybody saying the same thing about a male D&D creator.

cmad1977

Hero
WotC Names 10 "Adepts" On Their DMs Guild Store

She did. Seen the interview?

What I have seen is the quality/quantity of her work in our hobby. Her charitable efforts. Her outreach to people interested in our hobby....

In comparison...
I haven't seen you do anything but complain about her status as an 'adept'.

So...

Yeah. Sour grapes.

JeffB

Legend
She's also a published writer, and artist. She's helped make D&D a "thing" in LA and garnered a lot of press for gaming in general and D&D in particular. And she's the founder of Celebrity ChariD20, a D&D/ gaming based charity that raised money to help kids read.

All excellent things. Though D&D has been a thing all over CA for over 40 years. I am not sure what you mean there. I lived in CA, in 1989-1990.. Travelled to all the major cities as my siblings where scattered around the state. Saw D&D there..in SF area , LA area, and the San Diego area Also Fresno.

JeffB

Legend
What I have seen is the quality/quantity of her work in our hobby. Her charitable efforts. Her outreach to people interested in our hobby....

In comparison...
I haven't seen you do anything but complain about her status as an 'adept'.

So...

Yeah. Sour grapes.

Ok. If that makes you feel better, then sleep well tonite.

Remove ads

Remove ads