WotC WotC President Chris Cocks is Hasbro’s New CEO

Hasbro has appointed WotC president Chris Cocks as it’s new CEO.

Hasbro has appointed WotC president Chris Cocks as it’s new CEO.

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Chris Cocks as Chief Executive Officer and member of the Board of Directors, effective February 25, 2022. Mr. Cocks currently serves as President and Chief Operating Officer of Hasbro’s Wizards of the Coast and Digital Gaming division, a global leader in tabletop and digital gaming. He will succeed Interim CEO, Rich Stoddart, who was appointed following the October passing of Hasbro’s longtime CEO Brian Goldner. Mr. Stoddart, who has served as a Hasbro independent director since 2014, will become Chair of the Board, effective February 25, 2022.

DE646F6A-736F-47EB-96FE-D940E00FD598.jpeg

dirtypool

Explorer
Or I’m pointing out that it’s overall influence on the course setting to the game and it’s “size” are two different things and that neither are relevant to the question of what older settings will get conversions.

Some concepts from Planescape got carried over to the core of D&D, but D&D didn't become Planescape. At it's core D&D isn't very post-modern which is one of the core themes of Planescape, D&D by default is very much still assumed to be a game of good vs evil and that everything can be fought and defeated, which were downplayed in Planescape (whether it be interacting with things beyond the party's challenge rating or entities where they don't bother with stats). Doesn't mean later editions campaigns of D&D can't be played that way, it's just that the default assumptions of D&D are different from some of the assumptions in Planescape.

Last edited:

teitan

Legend
Or I’m pointing out that it’s overall influence on the course setting to the game and it’s “size” are two different things and that neither are relevant to the question of what older settings will get conversions.
So basically making pointless commentary because you don’t know what Planescape is beyond what was integrated. Gotcha.

Zardnaar

Legend
New players seem to pick up bits of Darksun or Spelljammer via YouTube or something. They seem to have the most attention from new players.

Planescspe has a small but vocal hard core fanbase that seem to over rate it as PS sorta intruded on the other settings via freelancers and a lack of quality control in TSRs dying days.

DS is too original and "fresh" to be forgotten. Of course everybody has her own opinion about how to cook rightly the same recipe. For example a DM in his game would say the ghots of dead people wouldn't become undead but elementals, and the "water ghots" would be hunted as "food" or mana source (that would be really drinking spirits).

Somebody would say about Sigil is an interesting city to be visited and explored but not to live there. Planescape needs more info about the Gatetowns. Here Sigil is mainly lore, and WotC sell sourcebooks with crunch, because if the players want lore, they would rather the pfs of titles from previous editions. My theory is the faction war will continue in the Gatetowns, and Sigil will become neutral zone.

If WotC is planing a retcon of the planar cosmomology then the return of Planescape may be delayed.

Other theory is DS will arrive as a new "plane" within "Magic: the Gathering". It is a good way to use all that special art of tribal-punk warriors in an ecologic postapocalypse.

Random Task

Explorer
Sure, but from a business approach, is it worth it to step into a game space that your largest competitor has been succeeding for four years?
I think this is a "I'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in hear with ME." situation anyone in the fantasy RPG space competing with D&D.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads