WotC quietly deleting access to the 3e SRD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A lot of people are worrying about it going away. I am still of the opinion that WotC/Hasbro cannot revoke or "unauthorize" it, though I would also agree they can force abandonment of it a condition of acceptance of OGL 1.1, which is what I believe the language in the leaked portion is actually doing.
You misunderstand me. I was referring to the prevalence of copies of the 3E SRD on the web.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
Please tell me this includes the warlock, Book of Nine Swords, Incarnum, and swift and immediate actions.
Swift and immediate actions are part of the Psionic SRD. Warlock, Martial Adept and Meldshapers aren't, but Dreamscarred Press created PFRPG1 versions of the Meldshapers and Adepts. There's also a 3.5 OGL/ PFRPG version of Binding by Dario Nardi.

Buzzqw

Explorer
Does anybody have the 5.0 srd?
some links

BHH

JEB

Legend
So what happens to SRDs hosted online, if OGL 1.1 really does (claim to) invalidate OGL 1.0/1.0a? I assume Wizards can't C&D folks for hosting copies of the OGL 1.0/1.0 text, but could they C&D folks hosting the 3.0, 3.5, and 5E SRDs as violating the terms of the only "authorized" OGL (1.1)?

Of course, such an action would utterly fail at wiping the SRDs off the Internet (especially now that folks are motivated to keep them available), but I'm just wondering what they could try to do.

Langy

Explorer
So what happens to SRDs hosted online, if OGL 1.1 really does (claim to) invalidate OGL 1.0/1.0a? I assume Wizards can't C&D folks for hosting copies of the OGL 1.0/1.0 text, but could they C&D folks hosting the 3.0, 3.5, and 5E SRDs as violating the terms of the only "authorized" OGL (1.1)?

Of course, such an action would utterly fail at wiping the SRDs off the Internet (especially now that folks are motivated to keep them available), but I'm just wondering what they could try to do.
If they believe what they're saying about the OGL, they likely do believe they can D&D folks from hosting the OGL 1.0/1.0a or any items derived from such, including the SRDs.

JEB

Legend
If they believe what they're saying about the OGL, they likely do believe they can D&D folks from hosting the OGL 1.0/1.0a or any items derived from such, including the SRDs.
It did occur to me after I posted that the text of the OGL 1.0/1.0a is copyrighted by Wizards and designated as Wizards property...

Remove ads