WotC quietly deleting access to the 3e SRD

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Not sure why you'd want it? What would it offer that the 3.5 one doesn't?
Actually, there are several things in the 3.0 SRD that you won't find in its 3.5 equivalent. It's a pretty motley collection, and a lot of it is stuff that 3.5 saw fit to excise, but not all of it, including:
  • Psionic combat (e.g. attack and defense modes).
  • Certain spells that 3.5 eliminated or broke up (e.g. emotion).
  • A section on the problems with bringing druid/ranger animal companions into urban areas.
  • The rule (downgraded to an optional rule in 3.5) for, when an attack against a creature with cover fails, potentially damaging whatever's granting them cover.
That's in addition to various other 3.0-isms which someone might still be interested in for a variant d20-based game, such as the greater gradations of concealment, skills such as Intuit Direction, having feats like Ambidexterity, etc.

Branduil

Hero
Honestly, without ever seeing that SRD, I do not know if it contains anthing not available in 3.5, beyond the rule tweaks between the two.
This reminds me of one of the funniest changes in 3.5, where they decided that special rules for small characters wielding weapons was too confusing and so they decided to make separate size categories and damage for every single weapon in the game. Definitely less confusing.

It's especially funny when the archetypal "halflings" are famous for wielding Elven daggers as swords.

Ondath

Hero
This reminds me of one of the funniest changes in 3.5, where they decided that special rules for small characters wielding weapons was too confusing and so they decided to make separate size categories and damage for every single weapon in the game. Definitely less confusing.

It's especially funny when the archetypal "halflings" are famous for wielding Elven daggers as swords.
My favourite representation of this is Belkar's daggers getting tinier in the very first Order of the Stick comic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases