D&D General WotC Reveals New Information and Covers for 'Keys from the Golden Vault'

Due in just a few weeks, Keys from the Golden Vault has receoved little fanfare so far. However, a cover and descrioption has appeared on the Wizards Play Network site. Wizards Play Network (WPN) is a network of WotC-approved stores.

DnD_KGV_TradCv_EN_0001.png

An anthology of 13 heist-themed adventures for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Some jobs require more than simply wielding a sword or slinging a spell. Whether it’s procuring a well-guarded item or obtaining crucial information from an imprisoned contact, these tasks require careful planning and flawless execution. The secretive organization called the Golden Vault specializes in hiring crews for such jobs, and for the most daunting assignments—pursuing fabulous treasures and stopping dire threats—that crew is your characters.
Keys from the Golden Vault™ is a collection of 13 short, standalone Dungeons & Dragons adventures designed for characters levels 1–11. These adventures can be placed in any setting and you can run them as one-shot games or link them together into a campaign. This book also includes in-world maps to help players plan their heists, plus advice for running nontraditional games with high risks and huge rewards.

Contents:
  • Book of 13 stand-alone adventures spanning levels 1–11, each focused on a single heist
  • Adventures can be set in any D&D or homebrew world and can be played individually or as part of a full campaign
  • Introduces the Golden Vault—a mysterious organization for which the player characters can work as heist operatives
  • Each adventure includes a map to guide Dungeon Masters and a map to help players plan their heists
  • Adventures emphasize player choice with each heist having multiple paths toward success
  • Includes advice and detailed information for Dungeon Masters running nontraditional adventures with high risks and huge rewards

There's also an alternate cover.

DnD_KGV_AltCv_EN_0000.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lvl20dm

Explorer
The lack of promotion for this book is weird. I know we're attributing this to the OGL controversy, and that might be the reason, but we would typically have seen something about this even before the leak. Radiant Citadel was previewed in March of 2022!

darjr

I crit!
The lack of promotion for this book is weird. I know we're attributing this to the OGL controversy, and that might be the reason, but we would typically have seen something about this even before the leak. Radiant Citadel was previewed in March of 2022!
WotC, according to the leak, knew the OGL thing was going to be controversial.

But yea, weirder and weirder.

Stormonu

Legend
I agree that the encounter described sounds... "under optimized." But locate object is not an "I win" button -- you get 10 minutes to get within 1000 feet of something you have seen within 30 feet. Hope they did not put it in a lead-lined box!
Yeah, it's not a for-sure plan, but just like when the situation was first brought up, I think it's something that needs to be thought of when designing/testing the scenario. I've seen too many times in old TSR product that the designers forget the PCs/Bad Guys have access to magic or abilities that can greatly trivialize or make impossible what might be an otherwise exciting scene.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So, have you seen any sign of movie tie-in stuff that's actually stuff for the game, rather than tie-in swag?

Barring that, did they offer you all branded standees or anything?

Nothing. I mean, I've had "D&D Dicelings" in stock for a few weeks, which are kinda neat., but I think those would count as tie-in swag. Nothing for the game, no promotional items at all.

Maccwar

Explorer
Not so long ago I was looking forward to buying this but for some reason I seem to have decided to spend my Q1 book budget on Pathfinder books instead. I wonder what changed my mind.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases