• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Spring 2009 Catalog

Flavor text heavy books that are inspirational and can be pillaged for campaign elements. Monster books with more flavor text and ecology (and a knowledge check chart with one line per range of numbers is not a good ecology section, it's a cheap way out of writing one). Setting books and supplements with lots of world elements, history, etc.

Anything but more classes, feats, powers, PrCs, etc etc

I like the knowledge check parts mostly because they are directly usable in game. If I want to know what the PCs should know and what not I just consult the chart and let them roll. At the same time, they don't "over define" a monster for me.
For now, I am planning to use the H1 to E3 series of adventure books, but eventually I _will_ homebrew, and more monster fluff is no longer inspirational to me, but limiting. I feel like I am throwing away way too much information.

Jhaelen

First Post
Anything but more classes, feats, powers, PrCs, etc etc
Well, I'd like to eventually see supplements with more fluff, too.

However, at this point, they're really better off to first publish more crunch. Many if not most of those still on the fence about switching to 4E are holding off because 4E doesn't yet have support for their favorite race/class/character concept.

Myself, I'll be ready to make the switch after the release of the psionic classes and a good setting (either Eberron, or a non-WotC setting like Age of Legend (Earthdawn)).

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Well, I'd like to eventually see supplements with more fluff, too.

However, at this point, they're really better off to first publish more crunch. Many if not most of those still on the fence about switching to 4E are holding off because 4E doesn't yet have support for their favorite race/class/character concept.

Myself, I'll be ready to make the switch after the release of the psionic classes and a good setting (either Eberron, or a non-WotC setting like Age of Legend (Earthdawn)).

I think another setting is what 4e really needs right now. The complaints about 4e range in two parts - the lack of peoples' favorite concepts, and that they dislike the imposed 4e setting. Bringing in Eberron to kind of say "Guys, look, I've still got the old stuff, just how you like it" would, in my opinion, do a lot to help bring more players in.

Unfortunately, they really shot themselves in the foot with Forgotten Realms.

Ander00

First Post
The only official power cards for D&D
Of course, the DDI character genererator may never be released, but what happened to the cards you were supposed to be able to print out through it?

cheers

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Maybe you super savvy folks already had confirmation from somewhere else, but that's new for me. It's also new that the sorcerer is a definite for the book (though I'd heard it rumored).

Yeah, it's all but confirmed that the Bard is an Arcane Leader and the Sorcerer an Arcane Controller (wild magic action).

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
-Bringing in Eberron to kind of say "Guys, look, I've still got the old stuff, just how you like it" would, in my opinion, do a lot to help bring more players in.

-Unfortunately, they really shot themselves in the foot with Forgotten Realms.

-Eberron will be released next year, I believe.

-Why do you feel this way? I think FR needed a face-lift.

An arcane class that doesn't officially appear until after Arcana Power. What we have is only the playtest version of half of the class.
Yes, but we received said "half-a-class" some nine or ten months before Arcane Power gets released. It would be silly if its final version wasn't complete long before then.

I really, really want Arcane Power to support the Artificer, and I don't give a damn if it comes out before the class itself.

Remove ads