• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape WOTC teasing planescape.com

volanin

Adventurer
In the HTML source, there is this snippet:

secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

These are hexadecimal codes for ASCII letters, which converts to PSTEE.
So... it indeed seems to be about Planescape: Torment EE.

Mercurius

Legend
My prediction: it will be some of all of the above - a video game update, a story arc, a supplement, a Spelljammer-esque board game, etc. If they're going to do Planescape, why not do it big? Wasn't the original plan of story arcs for them to be multimedia?

Anyhow, a true revamp of Planescape has been a long time coming. It was one of the most original, popular settings of the 90s and I was always surprised that WotC didn't do more with it in 3E and 4E.

Furthermore, this may also open up new worlds for story arcs - travel via Sigil to different worlds: Dark Sun, Eberron, etc.

Anyhow, if this truly is Planescape, maybe Dust and Midway are a Planescape story arc and setting/rulesbook. Of course that wouldn't allow for the rumored rules expansion, but maybe they're not quite ready for that and it will be in 2018.

If it's to do with PS:T, maybe they got around to it because of it's "spiritual sequel" Torment: Tides of Numenera which is out now.

In some ways it's a bit of a shame there couldn't be a more direct sequel, as I don't think they have a solid idea what to do with the Planescape property and D&D in general on videogames at the moment.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
In the HTML source, there is this snippet:

secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

These are hexadecimal codes for ASCII letters, which converts to PSTEE.
So... it indeed seems to be about Planescape: Torment EE.

Good catch. Yeah I expect they will be doing to Planescape what they did to Baldur's gate. That is nice.

Remove ads