D&D 5E WotC to increase releases per year?

darjr

I crit!
I’m not sure what this means, mor product or more books or both? Just product I think I can live with. But more books, to me, means bloat.
F8CD3CE6-2C9B-4DD1-AFEB-D91CA03D9A29.jpeg

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Who’s been asking for more releases? I know some here have. Do box sets count?
I've been a bit disappointed with their rate of releases. There's plenty of books coming out, but with the different types of content, it sometimes meant having only one book with player options coming once once in a while because the other books were adventures, etc.

The best example is what I felt was a loooong drought between Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes in May 2018 and Tasha's Cauldron in November 2020. That's a whole two years with no rulebooks with player options and material.

In between these two books, there was plenty of other type of books released: five campaign settings books (if you count Acquisitions Incorporated) and five adventures! That's ten books! But I had little interest in these books. I didn't want Eberron, Ravnica or Wildemount specific options or adventures. What I wanted was more monsters, character options and such that I could use in my or most settings.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
We are way overdue for more monsters. Especially monsters that can stand up to the power creep that players have gotten over the years. I'd also like to see more monsters have interesting mechanics built in to them. Like mini legendary features.

I fully agree. We need another book full of monsters, not half a book. Monsters are by far my biggest need when I go towards third-party products.

What else should or can wotc print?

There's a back catalog of 1974 to 2014, none of which is in print and only a fraction of which has been updated. And that's just reusing old ideas. They can print a lot.

What should they print? That makes things much more complicated. I'd like to see different styles of campaign modules. I'm very interested in Candlekeep Mysteries, for example. They've printed two MTG settings and done zero modules for them. I would like better monsters and more and better organized NPCs. A monster compendium of the existing modules would be nice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases