JediSoth said:
At least they didn't ax "The Land of Chocolate."

mmmmmmmmm

JediSoth

Land_of_Chocolate.JPG

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Clavis said:
Obviously you fail to see that everything that WOTC does now is superior to anything Gary did.

Don't you understand how "cool" names like "Emerald Frost" are? Next thing you know, you'll be questioning why Dryads are now trees with boobs...

You probably think people actually had fun playing D&D years ago, and weren't just waiting around for WOTC to tell us how uncool and unfun the game always was.

Still, gygaxian names ARE corny. (in general)

olshanski

First Post
I prefer to use real-life names in my campaign world:

Sheboygan
Minnehaha
Baraboo
Pewaukee
Walla Walla
Ogalala
Licking Valley
Moose Factory
Medicine Hat
Truth or Consequences
Bangor
Middelfart
Snottingham
Wacahoota
Sleepy Eye

Crazy Jerome

First Post

You'll probably want to add this one to your list: Strawberry on the Plains, TN. I think that is actually a shorter version of the official name, which is a whole sentence. And I also recall something recent about the US Post Office making them shorten it to Strawberry, TN for official mailing lists. :)

BadMojo

First Post
Clavis said:
Obviously you fail to see that everything that WOTC does now is superior to anything Gary did.

Don't you understand how "cool" names like "Emerald Frost" are? Next thing you know, you'll be questioning why Dryads are now trees with boobs...

I submit that both are bad in different ways, but not nearly as bad as R. A. Salvatore names.

Honce-the-Bear. He rides a unicycle, juggles and also finds time to be the biggest kingdom in the Demon Wars books.

The Ubbergeek

First Post
BadMojo said:
I submit that both are bad in different ways, but not nearly as bad as R. A. Salvatore names.

Honce-the-Bear. He rides a unicycle, juggles and also finds time to be the biggest kingdom in the Demon Wars books.

Seriously... At least, Salvatore can make good names.

Clavis

First Post
BadMojo said:

You're right. Salvatore take the prize with Drizzt. Sounds like a bug colliding with a hot light bulb.

olshanski said:

Sheboygan
Minnehaha
Baraboo
Pewaukee
Walla Walla
Ogalala
Licking Valley
Moose Factory
Medicine Hat
Truth or Consequences
Bangor
Middelfart
Snottingham
Wacahoota
Sleepy Eye
For real world names, how about:
Smithers
Flin Flon
Nice

hong

WotC's bitch
Clavis said:
You're right. Salvatore take the prize with Drizzt. Sounds like a bug colliding with a hot light bulb.
You mean Driz'zt. The superfluous apostrophe knocks it down 10 points at least. But a name like Cattie-Brie doesn't even need superfluous apostrophes.

Remove ads