• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotCs early days, and saving D&D

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I think he may have been discounting White Wolf, since they seem to be making their exit from the RPG scene.

Nope. White Wolf, when they were still big in the RPG scene, was a very big player and introduced the Vampire series, which no-one will argue was not a significant impact.

darjr

I crit!
the podcast "know direction" from one of the 3.5 private sanctuary guys posted a recording of " auntie Lisa's story hour" from paizo con. it is a wonderful recording. thanks Lisa!

PaizoCEO

First Post
the podcast "know direction" from one of the 3.5 private sanctuary guys posted a recording of " auntie Lisa's story hour" from paizo con. it is a wonderful recording. thanks Lisa!

Yeah, that was a fun two hours plus. :) Doing Auntie Lisa's story hour reminded me that there are a lot of cool stories to tell that would be a shame if they were lost. I am starting to get motivated to write a book about my time in the game business. Now to find the time.

Another great place to hear some of the early stories is Shannon Appelcline's upcoming book he is publishing through Mongoose called "Designers and Dragons". Shannon interviewed me for hours about all three of the companies I helped to start. Here is the link to the Mongoose site. Mongoose Publishing : For All Your Gaming Needs ...
It looks like it is releasing next month!

-Lisa

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I go away for a week, and Lisa Stevens posts in the thread!

Thanks for stopping buy.

Sounds almost exactly like TSR . . . of the early 80s. The Blume Brothers boxed out Gary, brought in Lorraine Williams (who was initially helpful), then finally forced Gary out, and ran the company into the ground.

Actually, the Blume Brothers almost run the company into the ground--in its big $$$ heyday--EGG returns from Hollywood, saves the company, brings Williams with him, angers the Blume Brother, who sell out to Williams...

But the general idea is the same.

Remove ads