D&D 5E WotC's Kate Welch Hints at Celebrity-Written 2020 Adventure Book

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

800px-Deborah_Ann_Woll_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

According to comicbook.com "...An upcoming Dungeons & Dragons book will feature adventures written by actresses Deborah Ann Woll and Marisha Ray. Earlier this week, D&D designer Kate Welch announced that Woll and Ray were working on an official D&D product, which will come out in 2020. No details were given about the theme of the upcoming book, but Welch noted that the book would feature work by many writers who hadn't had adventures published by Dungeons & Dragons before. Welch also noted that neither Woll nor Ray had written a published adventure before, but both submitted exceptional work."

Full Twitch broadcast is at "Spoilers and Swag".

I hope this is not the "written by celebrities" book, as I find that a terrible gimmick. An "all writers are women" book, likewise, does nothing for me. I hope they just happened to be available for the project and had the right skills to make it happen, both seem to be very creative types and could bring a fresh outsider approach to the D&D team. This I'm always looking forward to.

digitalelf

Explorer
wanted to get the rumors started that have no basis.

Oh, well in that case...

OOC: Digitalelf looks from side to side to see if anybody is listening in

"I heard that it will be a book of adventures similar to "WG7: Castle Greyhawk" where each author is given a single level in a mega-dungeon to write. It'll be Awesome!" :cool:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I hope this is not the "written by celebrities" book, as I find that a terrible gimmick. An "all writers are women" book, likewise, does nothing for me. I hope they just happened to be available for the project and had the right skills to make it happen, both seem to be very creative types and could bring a fresh outsider approach to the D&D team. This I'm always looking forward to.
For me, a "written by celebrities" book would be nice, and an "all writers are women" book even moreso. I like that our hobby is evolving to become more mainstream and accessible. Long overdue, IMO.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OK, watched the stream now:

- Lots of art &APs from Descent to Avernus: really cool and different looking stuff
- Nate Stewart teased that he feels like something "big" is being built up with Candlekeep across products, unsure if that was a spoiler or a joke
- Arkham the Cruel and a bunch of other Tiamat adjacent characters from Joe Manginello's game and Critical Role, but Tiamat will not be developed directly in the book, leaving it open to DMs to use Tiamat if they wish to
- "Spelljammer Confirmed" is a repeated joke
- Regarding the mystery 2020 product, Wlech has a "host of writers" working on this, writers that we would have heard of on the DMsGuild but haven't been published by WotC directly before.

Remove ads

Remove ads