WotC's Reply to Psionic setting rumors

realmprotector

Explorer
For what it's worth here's what Mark Jindra had to say on the WotC message boards about the post by The Dragon on these boards:

Interesting I work here and haven't heard this...

I don't think their source is very reliable. Sounds like someone making up a story based on the psionics survey and the campaign contest winner being announced on the same day. And darksun was a rumor since athas.org was told to take down 3E conversion content over 2 years ago.

As for a 3.5 PsiHbk... Well those rumors started the day we announced a 3.5 core revision. And I have said before, Until you hear it from us there isn't going to be one.

MJ

Here's the link:

http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=123;t=004154;p=2

physicscarp

Explorer
No 3E from Athas.org?

Not likely!!! These guys have WotC approval and have been working hard on this conversion. I'm not sure what he means about Athas.org being asked to take down conversion material, but they have documents for races, classes, psionics, equipment, and more.

If your a Dark Sun fan, you probably have already been there. And if your not a Dark SUn fan, go look at it anyways!!!!

Carp

realmprotector

Explorer
Can you say cover up the leak?

I gotta tell ya the only thing I got out of my phone call to WotC was the obligatory "I can't comment on that now"

Simplicity

Explorer
Oh no, I don't think Wizards understands.... They're GOING to make me a Dark Sun book and a 3.5 Psi book. They going to.
Ah... ah... ah.... I don't want to hear it. Until Wizards accepts
that this rumor is the god given truth handed to us from on high, I don't see what we have to talk about.

I'm not listening... Lalalalala....

Bendris Noulg

First Post
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Great - so we have the rumor by a Troll VS. a Web Developer who thinks he would know what the company's strategic product planning department is up to...
To a degree, he does. Appearantly, BC doesn't post there because too many people have ripped on him. The Web Guy, who's a major Psi Nut, took on the task of being the "voice" of Psi rulings, info and such. To my knowledge, most of the official movement on that board is by his doing.

Most of the material for "The Mind's Eye" has his name on it, IIRC.

As such, I would pay attention to statements from him. Granted, he's probably under an NDA to some extent, but there is a difference between "I don't know" and "I can't say".

:D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm... so the survey was just posted for entertainment purposes then, eh?

The only "fact" posted in that story was that the new setting was a psionics-heavy one.

And I have said before, Until you hear it from us there isn't going to be one.

Obviously.

He hasn't really said anything here. Nobody claimed that the survey was anything more than an information-gathering exercise; certainly nobody has claimed that WotC have decided to write PsiHB 3.5. He's kinda setting up strawmen here.

Here's that original post by The Dragon again:

It was stated a few days ago that Wizard's was concerned that their new setting might deviate from the norm to far. Why? Psionics. It seems that the new setting derived from the contest is indeed psionics heavy and they want to get an idea as to how well it would be accepted.

However, that wasn't the primary reason for the poll. The main reason, was the fact that Wizard's R&D department is looking to officially bring back Dark Sun [Whoohoo!] and was testing the waters for it.

The third bit of new news, was that Wizards is seriously considering a revision for the psionics book. Oddly enough though, I had been told earlier that this wasn't the case. I suppose things change.

By Mark's reasoning, if all of this is untrue, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for posting that psionics survey.

Tiefling

First Post
WotC's Reply to Psionic setting rumor:

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! AH HA HA HA HA HA! Oh, I'm sorry, it's just that... heh heh... hee hee... AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

No comment."

Remove ads