D&D 5E Would you allow this if you were the DM

Riley37

First Post
...and that still doesn't exhaust the space of possible playstyles!

I don't think humanity has, yet, fully explored that space.

I'm all in favor of "what if?" as a point of departure.
What happens when you cross the streams?
I dunno, let's play it out and see!

Also, novel != story.
As you may have noticed, novel LotR != movie LotR != Middle Earth Role Playing System.

For my purposes, when a group breaks up, and players have a reunion years later, and one of them says "Hey, remember that session when..." and the response is "Oh, hell yes, that one still makes me laugh", then *a good story happened*, even if it only makes sense to (and amuses) the people who played it at the time.

Mercule

Adventurer
What if the next guy doesn't hate monks or druids?

Mercule?
No hate, here. I'd actually love to see the 5E Monk in play and keep nudging my players. I've already decided that, should I ever get to the other side of the screen, my first character will be a wood elf monk.

cmad1977

Hero
No hate, here. I'd actually love to see the 5E Monk in play and keep nudging my players. I've already decided that, should I ever get to the other side of the screen, my first character will be a wood elf monk.

One of my players is a monk. From my side of the screen it seems like a fun/versatile class.

Black_Staff

First Post
Monk is a very fun and versatile class. The issue I have with ignoring RAW for combat is that it takes away from the role play aspect. If I make a character who can kill everything, then I have no need to find more creative solutions. It is the DMs decision how to run the game, but don't let your players bully you into things that don't sound right.

Tormyr

Adventurer

Careful what you wish for. I have a monk 11 and a rogue 8/monk 3. They are very good mechanically....

...and Stunning Strike is evil. There are definitely ways around it, but it is evil.

Black_Staff

First Post
Careful what you wish for. I have a monk 11 and a rogue 8/monk 3. They are very good mechanically....

...and Stunning Strike is evil. There are definitely ways around it, but it is evil.

I actually have a shadow monk I was planning on taking rogue at lvl 6. I hadn't even noticed how well stunning strike goes with rogue skills. Thank you

Remove ads