D&D 5E Would You Buy an AP converted to 5E vy Paizo

Would you buy a PF AP converted to 5E by Paizo?

• Yes, I would buy a collected edition hardcover.

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • Yes, I would buy or subscribe to individual chapters. in print

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Yes, I would buy it as a PDF, either collected or in parts.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Yes, but only conversion notes and cheaply.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I am a special snowflake.

Votes: 4 5.7%

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
No. I'd rather buy new stuff than remakes of old stuff. I'd certainly buy a new 5E AP from Paizo, though I don't imagine they'd make one.

Id consider it, but then again, why not just play straight 5e? On the other side, if they released a Golarion 5e setting that would be something Id be interested in.

ccs

41st lv DM
I'd consider buying a NEW AP produced using 5e.

But an old one? No. Not a chance.
Why? Because I already own those I liked. If I want to run them for 5e? I'm already perfectly able to make my own changes/adjustments.
For the ones I don't own? I rejected them the first time based on story/concept. Just changing the stats won't help....

jadrax

Adventurer
I don't actually own any of them as I swore of buying anything for 3.5 - So if the adventure looked good, and the conversion looked true to the 5e rule set, it's a possibility.

I don't really see any advantage for Paizo to produce a new Adventure Path exclusively for 5e. The first question out their fans mouths will be "Where is our version?" I guess that they might consider converting some old Pathfinder APs to 5e and introduce 5e-ers to Golarion and hopefully get some looky loos out of that to check out the world and their game. That seems like a recipe for brand dilution to me and confusing customers. I am not thinking it is out of the question as a trial balloon, but I don't see them going that way whole hog unless their customer base totally collapses and they ponder stop supporting their game altogether. I don't know enough about their internal financial situation to know if that is even on the table, but given the level of enthusiasm that the Pathfinder fans still have for that game, I doubt we will be seeing them go that way. This is just a wild guess though.

S'mon

Legend
Given how good the Runelords hardback is, I would certainly buy a hardback of a Paizo AP I do not own (eg Reign of Winter) with 5e stats in it. I might well buy a hardback with PF stats, just to convert it. I almost certainly wouldn't buy a hardback of an AP I already own, though. I would buy a new hardback with 5e stats. Not sure if I'd buy a multi-softback AP with 5e stats; maybe if the reviews were good. I already have several APs and it takes ca 2 years to go through one, so no huge hurry.

Uchawi

First Post
I have not bought any of the 5E AP style adventures, since they are just re-hashing old stuff. The latest mention does not change that trend. I have not played in any of the Paizo APs, so if they were converted then I would be playing something new. I want new and original APs.

Remove ads