• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you ever watch other people play RPGs, as entertainment?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It was the weirdest damn thing. I ran Dread at a house-con this weekend, and had a table of spectacular players (including a professional Broadway stage actor who was playing his first RPG.) At one point we had seven people playing and almost twice that number watching!

I've never had anything like that happen before.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
And from the series of replies on Google+ someone posted this author's game from last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFy8wWQ1tdw

Some pretty big names.
They've done some fairly quick edits to keep things on track, especially early on.
It's fun to listen to, but lacking in additional visuals. Although watching the author's play
and react to one another is pretty entertaining.

CarlZog

Explorer
And from the series of replies on Google+ someone posted this author's game from last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFy8wWQ1tdw

Some pretty big names.
They've done some fairly quick edits to keep things on track, especially early on.
It's fun to listen to, but lacking in additional visuals. Although watching the author's play
and react to one another is pretty entertaining.

Watching this, but imagining the camerawork and editing of TableTop, I could see a winner here. It's the banter among the players that makes it.

Oryan77

Adventurer
This is the true story, of five strangers, picked to game in a house, roleplay and have their sessions taped, to find out what happens when gamers stop being antisocial, and start getting annoying.

I'd totally watch it if they used the basic premise for what makes reality shows a hit (fill a table up with nothing but problem players). Every so often, throw in a normal guy just to watch him eventually go ballistic. Other than that, I don't see a D&D show being entertaining to watch. I do however like to watch videos in order to learn how other DMs do things and to get ideas. But even then, watching the video gets boring pretty fast.

Nytmare

David Jose
This is the true story, of five strangers, picked to game in a house, roleplay and have their sessions taped, to find out what happens when gamers stop being antisocial, and start getting annoying.

You would take the two worst aspects of two of my favorite things and give birth to a monster.

Agamon

Adventurer
Chris Pramas is running Dragon Age for Wil, Chris Hardwick (The Nerdist), Kevin Sussman (Big Bang Theory), and Sam Witwer (Battlestar Galactica) on Tabletop tomorrow. That should be cool, I haven't read/played DARPG, so I'm looking forward to it!

Remove ads