Would you Swap 3.5e for Exalted?

Would you swap your 3.5e core rulebooks for an EXALTED 2nd Edition core rulebook

• Yes

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 230 72.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 9.8%

• Poll closed .

Asmor

First Post
Intriguing. If I had a spare PHB, I'd totally take them up on the offer. Heck, I'm considering trolling ebay/amazon for a cheap one just to do it... Wouldn't mind owning a copy of Exalted, though I've no intention of ever playing it (--hate-- White Wolf's system, though love the fluff)

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Asmor said:
Intriguing. If I had a spare PHB, I'd totally take them up on the offer. Heck, I'm considering trolling ebay/amazon for a cheap one just to do it... Wouldn't mind owning a copy of Exalted, though I've no intention of ever playing it (--hate-- White Wolf's system, though love the fluff)

Was thinking the same thing, using their world for a 3.5 D&D campaign would be kinda neat. So I may not get a chance to play exalted, but it would make a nice reference to one more world to add to my D&D cosmos.

Scott

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Asmor said:
If you do find a cheap extra PHB by all means take them up. The book has some of the best production values I've ever seen, beautiful art on higher quality paper than I've ever seen WoTC use. And the setting is a thing of beauty like pretty much all the WW lines with great fluff. Like you the system just leaves me cold.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
Absolutely. As a gamer who has had his 3.5 books collect dust for the past two years, and who has no interest in 4th edition, this looks like a great way to get into a new RPG I've had my eye on for a while. Especially since I doubt the 3.5 books will be worth a darn once 4th ed. comes out.

Turjan

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
Though it's probably useless to ask this question on a D&D-centric board! :D
Why? This looks like the perfect place. And there will be enough 3.5 PHBs left from people who wanted to switch to 4e, anyway.

Regarding Exalted, I'm not a big fan. The system is very complicated (in principle ideal for someone coming from 3.5 ;)), but the setting is very cool.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I wonder if they'd take my 3.0 books, too. Since the release of the 3.5 SRD, I've had no reason to buy the 3.5 nerfs upgrades. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Remove ads