D&D 3E/3.5 Wow! Look at this awesome new unofficial 3E news site!

Tom Strickland

First Post
Yep, that is the "look & feel" I remember from my earliest days of the intersection of computers (more specifically, the World Wide Web of the Internet) and a shiny new "forged" (reworked) edition of Dungeons & Dragons (e.g. 3rd Ed).

I started playing after hearing about it from friends, using physical resources, and then--unlike years previous when dwindling to a stop playing 1/2E--I found an increasing, disparate, "hidden" or scattered treasure trove of sites that kept the flame alive...even stoked it to a roar.

ENWorld was key...a treasure map...or crystal ball for scrying, as it were.

Thanks for the glimpse as of a fond, interactive photo (or old software adventure game perhaps?). =)

Breakdaddy

First Post
Thanks for bringing back these great memories. I joined the site in 2002 but I lurked before then and remember the old site fondly. I don't game much anymore either, but this takes me back to a simpler time when my biggest concern on a given day was how I was going to cobble together a game for my group in just a few short hours.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Very cool! Thanks! Does the early forum content exist in any form? I'd be interested in browsing the old discussions. It would also help me figure out when I signed up. I can't remember and it's bugging me. I think it was late in '99.

Besides the great new about the upcoming edition, the things that drew me to the site were the polite community and a very entertaining poster named Bugaboo. He drove any number of people nuts with his threads about DMing for pay, but to me he seemed funny and lighthearted rather than malicious and angry like a troll.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very cool! Thanks! Does the early forum content exist in any form? I'd be interested in browsing the old discussions. It would also help me figure out when I signed up. I can't remember and it's bugging me. I think it was late in '99.

We have all the forums since 2002. We lost everything prior to that.

Remove ads