• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wraith's Whispers - CoSQ (Update: 4/5/04)

Wraithdrit

First Post
Session 2 (Cont)

The party had found a good spot to camp on the northern edge of the city, up in the rough rocky hills. They sent Tanerus off to scout, and settled in for a long chilly spring evening with no fire.

Tanerus perched at the edge of a tall cliff looking down at the city. Torches surrounded the Zhentarim camp, and guards where posted and patrolling. The other camp was much harder to see from here, and had many fewer torches lit. The halfling switched his attention back to the main camp and saw several riders cut out from the camp at a hard ride. He watched as they took the main path through the city, and eventually dissappeared to the north along the caravan track.

Ensuring that his magic ring was snuggly in place, Tanerus pulled forth his magic cloak and lept from the cliffs edge. The rings make took hold of him and he glided safely to the ground. Donning his cloak, he pulled the hood up and snuck toward the main camp.

He stopped well outside of the torch light, hidden from view by a fallen wall. Studying the camp, he noticed that what seemed like a large cave opening from a distance was more like the entrance to a fortress. Massive stone bulwarks stuck out of the rock and an iron portcullis barred the entrance. Having seen enough, he made his way toward the center of the city. He paused there to examine the central structure.

The center of the city is dominated by the one structure left standing. A huge domed roof caps a large structure that seems to have once been covered in intricate carvings. The sands of the desert have blasted those carvings into little more than odd wavy shapes all over the building surface. Two massive stone double doors are set in the western most wall of the building, one pulled open about three feet with several spikes jammed in on either side of the door to keep it wedged open. A large mirror is set up outside the door, angled to point light into the massive chamber beyond.

Tanerus made mental notes of it all and proceeded toward the smaller southern camp. His cloak, size and skill kept him easily out of sight as he snuck up to the largest of the tents. The small camp was composed of a large tent, several smaller tents and a small lean-to like structure against the cliff. From here, Tanerus was able to make out digging tools. He also noticed that the structure against the cliff hid a set of stairs and an opening into the cliff side. Perhaps it is an alternate entrance to the mines, thought the halfling.

Sneaking back out of the camp, Tanerus made a mental note of a change of guards, and the rather regular interval that a messenger left out of the smaller camp, headed for the larger camp. He also made note that these where not Zhentarim. The guards here were foreigners mostly, hired mercenaries it would seem, not the regimental soldiers of the Zhentarim regulars.

He quickly made his way back to camp and relayed what he had seen. Everyone settled in for the night, knowing that being rested was probably best for everyone.

Unfortunately, the night was not done with them. A few hours after the moon hit its peak Will's owl came back into camp, landing atop Will and hopping up and down, screeching about something. Will's alarm spell had not gone off, so he woke groggily and listened to what the bird had to say. The rest of the camp stirred at the noise.

Will broke the news as he rushed to grab his things. "Something is flying a patrol over the city, we need to find cover!" The party gathered its things quickly and set to searching for good overhangs. Will and Tanerus quickly found a pair of overhangs the entire party and thier mounts could squeeze under. Not long passed till they saw a massive batwinged shadow slide across the ground where they had been camping.

Peaking from beneath their hiding spots they could make out the form of some sort of massive bat. The darkness made it difficult to see many details, but soon enough the creature had finished its patrol and dissappeared into the Zhentarim camp. The party settled in for a the rest of the evening.

Morning brought renewed hope and strength, and the party made their way into the city. Massive ruins and mounds of rubble made it easy for them to slip through the city unnoticed. They had decided to make their way toward the central building first. Assuming things went well there, they planned to continue to the smaller camp. A quick suprise attack there, should ensure them victory and give them time to set up before worrying about the main force.

But first the massive central building was to be searched. They carefully made their way to the building and Tanerus slipped inside after examining the entrance.

The floor of this massive building is covered in ancient rocks, rubble and sand. Large cracks and holes in the walls expose the inside to the ravages of time. The sand and debris has been cleared away from immediately in front of the door, leading along a meandering path across ancient marbled stone to a massive dias in the center of the room. Atop the dias is a stand of some sort, emptied of whatever it held.

Around the edge of the dias lay scattered bones as well as a pair of corpses. The corpses seem to have been left where they fell, probably a few weeks prior. One corpse is clad in brown leathers and clothes, his skin is sunken in on his hands, his head is crushed completely in from the front. In one hand he holds a small wooden handled trowel, the other hand is clasped around a length of leather string. The second corpse is draped half over the first steps of the dias. Black armor clad over the scorched remains of what was once a human, and now is nothing more than burnt bones. The stone around him is marred by heat or flame,

The dias edge is covered in ancient writings. A few feet from the dias is set a toppled table and chair, obviously brought in recently. Where the table has toppled there is smashed glass and a large black mark.

About ten feet from the dias is a perfectly cleaned off square of marble flooring. Scuff marks in the dust and sand mark the passage of something or someone between the dias and that spot in the floor.

Tanerus carefully made his way up to the center of the room, careful not to touch anything. He examined the bodies and tried in vane to read the script on the edge of the dias. Unable to make out the writing, he searched the area of the overturned table. A smashed inkwell seemed to be the cause of the black mark, so Tanerus looked for anything else that might have been lost when the table was overturned. Soon his search revealed a piece of parchment that had slipped to between a couple of pieces of rubble. He could not read it either.

The rest of the party made their way in, stopping in various spots between the door and the altar.

"Will, I can't read this... see what you make of it." Tanerus handed the sheet over to the invoker.

"I can't either..." A quick incantation later, "ah... its Thayan... seems to be a journal entry. It talks of the Axe of Tethyamar... and about a master Lurthkaus. The writer seems to be working for Lurthkhaus, and Lurthkhaus seems to be working for the Zhentarim. Talks about the Zhentarim needing to be patient. Says the axe will be able to be taken from dias safely in a day or so. Something about this temple having been shielded and guarded."

Will strode up toward the dias, not stepping on the steps. He leaned forward to read the dwarven script. "These talk of the Axe of Tethyamar being a symbol of peace, created to protect the city. It goes on to say that this temple is warded and guarded from intrusion from the outside."

"Must be why it is still standing. Guess these guys got through the wards." Durgaden didn't saying it. He hated the thought of someone getting through ancient dwarven protections.

Will continued, "It also says there is a guardian of the axe."

Amador nodded down at the corpses, "Obviously."

Will nodded and looked down at the one clear stone in the floor. Tanerus nodded and said, "There is some sort of trapdoor there, but I could see no way to open it."

Will nodded and began another quick spell. "There is an opening there alright... and..." He swung to look at the dias. "There is one there too."

Durgaden grinned, the axe may have been taken but the thieves may have missed something. He took a step forward then thought better of it, letting the rogue and wizard continue thier examinations.

Will continued, "To open this door..." He pointed at the cleared slab in the floor, "Something has to happen over there." He pointed now to the dias. He started concentrating on the dias and said, "The dias has an opening, a... secret compartment, in the top." Will stood right in front of the cleared slab of the floor, facing away from it, toward the dias.

Tanerus nodded, "I noticed the stand where the axe was sitting, its not a part of the dias, it is just set on top, perhaps we can move it..." Tanerus stepped up onto the first step around the dias.

The moment Tanerus' foot touched the step it sunk a very slight bit into the floor. The massive stone slab behind Will pivoted upward and a huge figure made of stone, iron, and wood stood to its full eight to ten foot hieght. Beneath the slab was nothing but a five foot by five foot holding cell. The construct seemd to stretch as it stood to its full height. Tanerus gulped, "Uh oh."

Will spun about, caught of guard by the constructions entry. Durgaden leapt up onto the altar and called out in dwarven, "Cease in the name of the dwarves of Tethyamar!" Amador whispered a quick prayer to Corellian, blessing his friends in case their should be combat.

Will reacted quickly, throwing up a quick defensive shield spell. None of it seemed to phase the Guardian. It leaned toward Will and swung at him with his massive iron hands.

The first blow struck straight through the magic shield and hit Will in the gut. Will doubled over in pain, spitting up blood. The second blow hit Will in the shoulder, sending him stumbling upright, his arm hanging at an unnatural angle. The construct was not done with the invoker yet though. Its third hit was a bankhand to the side of the wizard's head, whipping his neck around and sending the wizard sprawling through the air.

He skid to a stop at Amador's feet, a pool of blood starting to form around him. The crumbled wizard looked dead, the side of his head was cracked open, his arm was broken with an obvious compound fracture, several ribs were probably broken, and blood poured from his mouth.

Last edited:

Wraithdrit

First Post
Next game day, etc.

Well that concludes the Session 1 and 2 logs. We are getting together Wednesday Night for Session 3.

Will Amador be in time to save Will? Is it already too late (I gave Will his damage written on a slip of paper, so as not to let anyone know how bad it was)? Will the party be able to defeat the Guardian? Who is in the smaller camp? And who is Lurkhaus? Whats left of the mines? And can the party run the Zhentarim out?

Find out starting Thursday morning. Until then, I do ask that if you have taken the time read through all these logs, please do me the favor writing something, anything, criticism or praise. Both are welcome. Just let me know you are reading, or I will think I'm just wasting my time.

Thanks,
Wraith

Gilgalad

First Post
Tell us more, Tell us more, Tell us more :)

I especially want to hear more about that noble and heroic Dwarf, Durgaden Alepounder. He sounds SOOOOO impressive :p Obviously the one carrying the entire party on his shoulders ;)

Obviously everyone, I'm biased here, given that I AM Durgaden Alepounder <grins evilly>. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone after taking a bloody hour to read all this. If you think our DM is long winded here, you should see him in game during a good role play event :rolleyes: <j/k>

We're just getting started, but I'm sure the stories will get more eventful and gruesome as we move into the meat of the adventure. Stay tuned, assuming we survive this next encounter, there's sure to be more to come :D

Wraithdrit

First Post
Wraith takes a break from his preparations for the next game session to see Durgaden's post.

Good to see you here. Hopefully then if anyone has any real questions on the game, you can give them a player's perspective. =) Well I have more devious encounters to plot out.

I am SOOO looking forward to this session.

- Wraith

Wraithdrit

First Post
Also of note. We had to reengineer Tanerus' character. In his initial make up he was supposed to be fighter rogue of near equal levels. His player and I decided to push him much more rogue and ended up forgetting that Ghostwise halflings favored class is barbarian. :eek:

This would have left him with the age old experience penalty if not fixed, so I allowed him to shift all of his fighter class levels into rogue, making him now an 8th level rogue. Not a major adjustment on many things. Just brings him in line with the rules and prevents him from being left behind in XP.

I normally allow character edits in the first few game sessions, since you never know how the character you end up roleplaying will feel a lot different than you intended. From this session forward though, I don't foresee anyone wanting to change what they have.

Well, back to writing the adventure I go. :cool:

- Wraith

sparhawk

First Post
Wraith.

Do not be discouraged if you do not get a lot of posts just check out read count. There are a lot of lurckers in the story hours and alot of us just prefere to read and not post.
Keep giving us some updates and we will keep reading.

Wraithdrit

First Post
Lurkers... I wonder if anyone has ever written up a stat block for em. Probably have impossibly high ACs and evasion, and so forth. :D

Though when finally made to come out of hiding, they usually are dead on accurate, then run into hiding again. :p

Heh, I'll keep writing. Thanks for the post sparhawk hope you are enjoying the story so far.

Back to writing the adventure I go.

- Wraith

Wraithdrit

First Post
Session 3

Eleint 26th, 1372 - Temple of the Axe, Tethyamar Ruins, just after dawn

Will skid to a stop at Amador's feet, a pool of blood starting to form around him. The crumbled wizard looked dead, the side of his head was cracked open, his arm was broken with an obvious compound fracture, several ribs were probably broken, and blood poured from his mouth.

Darkness... utter darkness. Will opened his eyes, and could not move. Light appeared before him. A fairly dim light, and behind it, a figure that slowly came into focus, a drow woman. It was the woman they had found in the woods.

"Well, well... I knew one of you would be joining me soon enough, but I had no idea it would be this soon..." She practically purred the words, as if enjoying them very much.

"Joining you? I see." Will still could not move, save to move his eyes and mouth.

"So what was it? Trap? Undead? Drow?"

"Stone construct."

She smiled, "A golem?"

"Aye. Something like that."

"I'm so pleased."

"I'm sure." Will swallowed. "Well since it doesn't matter now, would you mind telling me who it was that nearly killed you?"

She cocked her head to one side. "I do not suppose it would hurt. It was-"

Will's body convulsed as Amador's healing magic coursed through him. He gasped for air and his eyes flew open to see Amador drawing back his hands, a prayer slipping from his lips.

Durgaden leapt from the dias and charged the massive construct. He slammed his axe into the thing's chest, splitting the massive iron plate and rocking the construct back a bit. Tanerus continued to circle.

Will shook his head and stumbled to his feet. He coughed, "Don't kill it! Parry!" He ran toward the dias. Amador looked confused glancing between Will and the construct.

Durgaden growled, "What would you have me do? Pour it an ale and tell it fireside tales?" He ducked as it swung at him over and over. Shots rained between the two mighty opponents. Durgaden's axe bit into the construct over and over. Most of the constructs blows deflected off of Durgaden's armor or shield, but Durgaden was starting to feel his arm go numb and realized he could taste blood on his lips.

Amador slipped to behind the dwarf and whispered a soft chant, grabbing his holy symbol. His hands glowed and with a touch, Durgaden's wounds started to mend.

Tanerus leapt atop the open trap door, perching nimbly behind the construct. He studied the thing's back, and not finding any soft spots began to chip away at it. His blows seemed to have little effect, finding no good holes in the armor.

Meanwhile, Will tossed aside the axe stand and looked in horror at the compartment that was hidden beneath, it was sealed with some sort of resin. One stab with his dagger got him nowhere so he laid it aside and conjured an acidic arrow, slamming it into the resin. The acid bubbled and the resin started to burn away.

Will glanced over his shoulder at the fight, "I might be able to shut it down, don't kill it!"

Durgaden was starting to get the upper hand, dispite the fact that the construct seemed to be magically healing itself slowly over time. "I'll shut it down for ye!" Again and again he slammed his axe into the thing.

Frantic, Will shot a second acidic arrow into the resin, burning away the last of it. Durgaden slammed his axe in again and the construct fell forward, slumping to the ground. "It's shut off!"

Will looked over, he was too late. They had already managed to stop the Shield Guardian. He knew that the dias probably held the Guardian's amulet. If he had gotten to it sooner he could have controlled the thing. He sighed.

With a whir and a clunk the Guardian stood back up. Durgaden yelped and ducked aside as the Guardian slammed the ground where he had been standing with both mighty fists. Will spun and snatched the stone plug from the dias, ignoring the acid burning his hand. He prayed that the amulet was within and not some sort of trap. He shoved his hand inside, grasped whatever was within and pulled it out.

"I said stay down!" Durgaden slammed the thing with his axe twice more.

As Will spun, a glowing amulet in his hand, he yelled out in both Dwarven and human, "I command you to stop!"

The Shield Guardian swayed, then toppled, falling into several pieces. Will stared at the thing. His gaze went from the amulet to the construct to his companions.

Durgaden looked pleased. "Its alright Will, we got it to stop."

Will sputtered, "We could have had a Shield Guardian!"

Durgaden blinked and looked between the construct and Will, "You mean we coulda had it as a pet?"

"Yes!"

"Oh." Durgaden shrugged. Will sighed and slump to a seat on the dias. Amador and Tanerus poked at the guardian pieces looking to see if there was anything else there.

After a few moments Tanerus walked over and clapped Will on the shoulder, "Eh, we couldn't have done much sneaking around with that thing with us anyways." Will looked at him, shook his head and stood up.

Amador walked over to Durgaden and began healing his wounds. Tanerus trotted over to the door, glancing outside to make sure no one had heard them.

Will was the next to receive healing. After Will's wounds were mended Amador said, "We need to consider whether we have the energy left to take on a camp now or if we need to rest."

Durgaden growled, "I be ready, but nightfall may be a better time." It was not even noon yet, that gave them at least eight hours before darkness fell.

Tanerus nodded, "They will have less men awake at night."

Will nodded, "I can always use the time to study." He still held the amulet in his hand. He glanced down at it and noticed it was glowing.

Amador nodded, "I could use the prayer time, my energy is waning from all the heals I have performed."

Will looked to the pieces of the guardian and then to the amulet. The guardian was obviously no more, but the amulet still glowed. Interesting, he thought. A quick detect magic confirmed that the amulet still held power. He resolved to identify it after he rested.

The group rested for a few hours, Durgaden and Tanerus caught alternating naps, and Will and Amador slept the whole time through. After resting Will pulled out a pearl, crushed it and cast his identify. He called over to Durgaden, "Let me see the amulet you got from the drow priestess." Durgaden pulled out the drow holy symbol and passed it over.

An hour later Will rejoined the group, handing the drow holy symbol to Durgaden. Will wore the Shield Guardian's amulet around his neck, he had found that it still held protective powers, even without the Shield Guardian's presence, a minor consolation, considering.

"We need to discuss what to do with that thing." Will pointed to the drow holy symbol.

"Melt it down, its mithral." Durgaden was pretty straight forward with his idea.

"Yes, its also a direct link to Lolth, if you wear it, you might even become a drider, it has several other enchantments, only a few of which are beneficial," said Will

Tanerus frowned, "Direct link to Lolth? Anyone else dream of spiders while resting?" The little halfling frowned, not liking what he had dreamt obviously. There were a few nods in agreement. "We need to get rid of it."

Durgaden dangled the thing, pointed to it and just said again, "Mithral." He seemed unwilling to part with it.

Exasperated, Tanerus said, "Its a direct link to Lolth!"

Durgaden shook the amulet, "Mithral!" He bound it up, pulled out a pair of holy symbols to Clangeddin, wrapped both around either side of the amulet and wrapped the whole bundle even more, "We will melt it down when we can."

Tanerus threw up his hands, "Fine! But I disavow any possession of that thing. Its yours now!"

Amador swallowed, "Durgaden is right, it must be destroyed."

Tanerus shook his head, "I say put it where the Shield Guardian's amulet was, plug the hole and be done with it!"

Amador frowned, "Someone else good find it."

Tanerus shrugged, "That someone wouldn't be us!"

Durgaden stored the bundle deep in his magic pack, "It'll be fine there till we find a way to destoy it. Sooner rather than later, me hopes."

Will watched this exchange, deciding not to get into the middle of it. He told them most of the important details about the drow amulet. To tell them of the serious protective magics it would bestow upon a wearer, or the fact that it gave potent spellcasting benefits would only add to any temptation. Durgaden was insistant on melting it down, little point in getting in the middle of it.

Finally Will spoke up, "Well, shall we get going to the smaller camp? It seems dark enough out there now." He stood and grabbed his things, as did the rest of the group.

And so with that, they slipped out of the single standing structure of the City of Tethyamar. Back out into the ruins they strode, into the night, and toward the smaller of the two encampments. Torches began to be lit in both camps. Night was upon Tethyamar but the adventures where just beginning.

Last edited:

Wraithdrit

First Post
Session 3 (Cont)

The plan had been set. These men worked for the Zhentarim. They were in league with the men who had attacked them twice already. This would be decisive and final. Once the smaller camp was destroyed, the large camp could be taken care of in due course, then the mines would soon be freed. Or at least, that was the plan.

Tanerus slipped quietly forward, inching quietly closer and closer to the camp.

A single massive tent sits near the base of the cliff, surrounded by several smaller tents lined up on either side. A lean-to is set against the base of the cliff, covering a set of steps leading down to an opening in the cliff face. A large open sided pavilion sits beside the lean to, covering several crates and a large table with benches on either side. A cook fire sits in the middle of the camp. Outside the area of tents sits a wagon and a small pen for horses.

A man sits beneath the pavilion, his legs stretched out along the bench he sits on, his back propped up against a stack of crates. He is flipping through a small book, frowning as if concentrating on what is within its pages. He wears a set of leather armor, and has a rapier lying on the table beside him.

Another man crouches beside the fire, this one is wearing chain mail. A dark maroon colored shield is stump of wood beside him. He has a sword strapped to his back, and seems to be absent-mindedly poking at the embers.

Two women wearing chain armor, both with long dark hair are standing over near one of the tents talking. Both have hands rested on sheathed swords, and both carry large shields painted a dark maroon.

Tanerus watched the guards then slipped up behind the first of the small tents. He wiggled beneath the outside wall of the tent to find two guards sleeping. They would never reawaken. His work done he went to the next tent, and the next one. Each time he would wait and watch. The savage little ghostwise halfling was pragmatic to say the least. It was what had to be done. They would only cause trouble when his companions arrived.

The last of the sleeping guards dead, Tanerus crouched beside a supply tent and dropped a shiny copper coin to the ground a few feet out and away from the camp. Will's owl, circling overhead, saw the signal and relayed to Will that it was time. Will, Amador, and Durgaden began jogging forward quietly, closer and closer.

The guard beneath the pavillion stood, "I'm gonna go get some jerky, you want some?"

The guard by the fire nodded, "Sure."

The first guard looked at the tent Tanerus was hiding behind, then turned and walked toward the other supply tent, after all, it was closer.

Tanerus' companions grew closer and closer. They would be here soon. Tanerus waited, then moved up next to the largest tent, hiding in the shadows there.

He gazed at the man beside the fire, raised the drow hand crossbow and let loose. The bolt buried itself in the man's neck, he fell gurling to the ground, just as his friend returned with the jerky.

A pair of arrows whizzed out of the darkness, embedding in the first of the female guards on patrol. She screamed out in pain. More arrows followed. Durgaden began to run toward the camp, Amador loosed arrow after arrow and Will stopped and began to cast. Another arrow embedded in the first female guards chest and she fell to the ground.

Tanerus dropped the hand crossbow, drew a dagger, flipped it up into the air, caught it by the blade then flung it at the returning guard. It tumbled end over end and buried in the man's chest. He dropped the jerky, stumbled back, fell to knees, then fell forward.

Will's spell complete, tentacles sprang to life in and around the large tent. Shrieks came from in the tent, frantic spellcasting could be heard within. The remaining female guard pulled out her sword, terrified at the tentacles appearing around her. A pair of arrows sunk deep into her chest and she was dead before she hit the ground.

Durgaden ran to the mine entrance. Staring in, he saw no one. He looked back at the large tent and frowned. He did not like the mines being open like that. If anymore were inside they might have heard the screams. No time to really consider for long though, the dwarf turned toward the massive tent.

Mere moments after the tentacles appeared, they began to writhe, about to start their search for prey when they stopped in midsway, turned brittle and dissolved into nothingness. The spell had been dispelled.

Tanerus slipped toward the front of the tent, hearing multiple voices within casting spells. Durgaden let out a bellow and charged toward the side of the tent. He slammed one of the support poles with his shield, snapping it. The corner of the tent started to buckle.

Amador ran forward, and kicked another one of the supports out from the tent. Will jogged up and around toward the back side of the tent, keeping his distance.

Tanerus rolled into the tent, coming up with his sword in his hand. The tent was empty. "What the....?" He called over his shoulder, "The tent is empty!" He started to relax his stance when a woman reappeared on one corner of the tent, a wand in her hands.

Flames jutted forth from the wand, and Tanerus barely managed to dodge out of the way. Tanerus' companions saw a 5 foot wide jet of flame shoot 30 ft out from the tent opening. Will shook his head, "Dispel my tentacles will you?" He set his feet and threw his hands up. Arcane words slipped from his mind and past his lips, energy crackled around his hands and a massive horizontal column of electrical energy ripped off most of the top half of the tent.

Inside Tanerus stayed crouched down, his head covered as lightning coursed overhead. The woman with the wand screamed as the upper half of her body dissentegrated in the energy of the lightning bolt. Her lower half collapse to the ground with a sickening thud.

Tanerus was back on his feet when a second spellcaster reappeared, this one an older looking man. He was burnt from the lightning, but very much alive, his own hands moving quickly in arcane gestures. He pointed at the halfling and Tanerus cried out as his muscles seized and locked up. He fell to the ground, unable to move.

Tanerus' voice echoed in all the companion's heads, "Help! I can't move!" A man in full plate armor appeared in the tent next, grabbing up the halfling.

The spellcaster cried out, "Hold! Or the halfling dies!"

Durgaden would have none of it. He leapt over what remained of the tent wall and buried his axe in the man's back. "Let him go!" The warrior stumbled away from the dwarf trying to turn away. Will frantically tried to dispel the Hold on Tanerus, but the spell was just too powerful. Amador leapt over the tent side as well and sliced at the wizard standing there. He managed to cut him, but not nearly as deep as he should have.

The warrior who had Tanerus tried getting away from Durgaden, but the confines of the tent made escape impossible. He turned, trying to put the halfling between himself and the raging dwarf. Durgaden was ready though and came in high against the warrior, well over the halfling's height. The warrior's head fell to the ground, followed by the rest of his body, and the halfling.

A fourth figure appeared within the tent, this one a female in full plate armor as well. She held a morningstar and called upon divine energy and pointed at Durgaden. Like Tanerus, his muscles seized up, and Durgaden collapsed to the floor.

Will threw his hands forward and glowing orbs spiralled into the mage in the tent. As the orbs struck home, the mage and his cleric companion were both seen to grimace in pain. Amador called out, "She has him shielded!" Before either could get off another spell Amador called on Corellian's winds to mute the sounds within the tent. A bubble of silence formed around the tent's interior.

The mage stumbled back from the angry elven cleric and drank a potion. Will was not done yet though, his arcane voice heard outside the bubble, he threw up his hands and giant strands of sticky webs grew from them, draping themselves over everything in front of Amador in the tent. The elf stumbled back from the web, pulled his bow and started shooting arrows in at the wizard who was well stuck within the webbing. The priestess ripped herself free of the web, and drank a potion. Will strode forward, shaking his head.

At this range, with the wizard stuck in the web, he was a sitting duck for Amador's arrows. One after another struck home, and the wizard slumped forward, not moving. The priestess lept from the ground, her potion of flying sending her upward. She tried to rip through the webbing, but it was no use, she became as entangled as a fly in a spider's web. Amador turned his bow on her. Two arrows later she slumped, dangling, stuck in the web, blood dripping from her soon to be cooling corpse.

Will stepped up, dispelled the web and pulled out a knife. He walked up to the wizard, helping Amador up as he went. He plunged the knife in the wizards chest, twisted and repeated the process for the priestess.

Tanerus and Durgaden both gasped as their muscles loosened. Tanerus said quickly, "We need to get out of here. The sooner we are gone the better." The companions started cleaning up the mess. A large tarp was found to throw over the top of the old tent structure. This would hopefully hide the destruction for a little while from the giant bat that patrolled the skys.

Will entoned a detection for magic and the party quickly stripped everything they could. Besides the magic of their fallen foes, the companions found a pair of maps and some notes written by the female mage they had slain. Tanerus slipped out to await the return of the runner the camp had sent out earlier. He would be returning from the larger camp soon, and he needed to be silenced before he ever made it back.

The companions assumed they would have about two to three hours before the large camp would be due another message. The contents of the notes and the map, convinced them to head into the mines...

Last edited:

Amador

First Post
Hey what happened to my attack on the constuct

Peace be with all.

I just have one question. What happened to my attack on the construct? I did a little damage.

Whoops went out of character there!

This has been a fun campaign so far. I have been out of the gaming realm for almost 8 years. This is the first time I have adventured in 3ed. I am not up to speed on everything yet but it is slowly coming back.

Peace Be WIth Everyone

Remove ads