Wraith's Whispers - CoSQ (Update: 4/5/04)

Wraithdrit

First Post
Eccles,

In short, yes (to both options). Plus I've changed up a lot of the background plot of the module to fit my own story, so many of the major NPCs are instrumental in the machinations I have concocted.

I like to think of it as a movie headed toward the final act. You gotta get all the principles involved (if its a good movie ;)).

Tursa's line in the end is actually MY line spoken by her, to explain from my point of view what is going on... "[We are] getting so close to the end. I’ve got to start wrapping up my loose ends."

Thanks for the kudos, always helps to know someone is actually enjoying reading this. :)
- Wraith

Jeremy

Explorer
What the bad guys are up to, how you handle them, and enrich the module with your own ideas and story is the number one reason I read this story hour. Makes it live and breath. And also gives me tons of ideas to work into my game early so they show up later. :)

Now if only I could be as excited about writing my Story Hour as I am about reading yours and running the game. :)

Wraithdrit

First Post
Jeremy,

Thanks.

The hardest part about all this has been holding my cards close to my chest and not giving away too much too soon.

I do not fully develop my plots in the beginning, but leave a good portion open so that as the game develops I can wrap things in on themselves and utilize old NPCs for new aspects, etc. For example, Tursa was never designed as a recurring NPC. But she survived the first encounter, and ended up fitting into the plot very nicely as it developed. So she is now fairly central and its fun to get to point back at the second fight of the game and point out how she was there.

Lots to see still...

Tonights game should be a blood-bath. They REALLY stirred up the hornet's nest last time, and tonight's session will be very bloody. Hopefully it will all be NPC blood, not PC blood!

- Wraith

Phaedan

First Post
This is the player of Taran/Marcus/Tanerus chiming in for the first time. I've had trouble getting the board to let me post until now for some reason.

Anyway, from a players perspective this game has been great. There's been a lot of places where death comes quick, and we've managed to avoid most of the pitfalls so far.

This next fight is looking quite interesting, although I agree with Will's character that the actual forces we are immediately facing shouldn't prove too much of a problem (should being the appropriate word) However, with the approach of the Giants (new info) this should prove quite interesting.

This'll be the first time that we're really going to have to stretch the abilities of the characters to the limits. Now that we're inside the castle, I don't anticipate much rest. I'd hoped we'd be at least 15th level on average before this, but c'est la vie.

Also, I'd like to interject that after the 'we have no quarrel' bit with the devil, he offered a dialogue with Kurgoth to which both Varick and Taran said 'Bite me' (in an appropriate lawful good way). Wraithdrit is keeping the story moving, but I wanted everyone to know that the paladin and lawful good cleric did not entertain joining forces with a devil.

Well, about 1h 30m left until game time. So wish us luck.

Wraithdrit

First Post
Blood did flow last night. And not all of it was from NPCs!

Update will be later this week, as school has me firmly in its grips for now.

- Wraith

Wraithdrit

First Post
*tap, tap* Is this thing on?

*sheepish* Um, first off, apologies for reviving a REALLY old dead thread. If there is anyone out there who remembers this campaign's story hour from the original writing, I wanted to let you know two things, and make an offer.

1. The campaign did wrap up. But life and school, etc got really busy for me, and thus the end to the story hour. My apologies.
2. I will be starting a new story hour for my 4th edition game set in my own world creation soon. The game will start weekend after next (using preview rules, with a planned retuning after the June 7th release of 4e). The story hour itself will probably start sooner than that, with prologue information, etc.

Now the offer to anyone who actually read this story hour back in the day:
If you would like I will wrap up this story hour with one final post. In case you want to know what happened to the party and all. If there is no interest, thats cool too. I could just use that writing time on the new story hour instead. :)

- Wraith

Remove ads