• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

wraithstrike & multiple attacks.

krupintupple

First Post
OP here.

to be honest, i've added it to the hexblade list, as i felt the other additions, like whirling blade and back-biter, also dealt with weapon-magic. i was thinking about adding it to duskblade as well, but declined, because that class already has a viable means of solidly dealing damage, and gets far more spells per level - besides, the whole "Ha, watch as I ignore your crappy armour!" is definitely a tricky hexblade-like thing to do.

i suppose my concern comes from an 11th level hexblade easily gaining 3 easy to land attacks that could each deal +20 or more damage. then again, at most he can do this like what, three times a day, they can still miss, they only work in melee and you're still directly beside something that can, by CR11, probably take your head clean off in less than 2 rounds. i felt it was an appropriate 'beefing up' of the hexblade, a class that i love, but always felt was underpowered.

Wyvernhand

First Post
You're concerned that a level 11 character is getting about +20 extra damage per swing?

An 11th level Rogue gets +6d6 damage per hit (unoptimized), which averages 21 damage per hit, unlimited, every round. By 11th level, its also not difficult to ensure that you ALWAYS qualify for SA. Oh, and you can do it while duel wielding. And nobody considers that OP by any regard. Its a Hexblade we're talking about...hardly OP even if you add Wraithstrike to his list.

Lets talk about a real offender...Shocktrooper. Shocktrooper should be banned before Wraithstrike. Wraithstrike is at least capped at 3-5 times per day, or so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads