Writing Proposal Guidelines

BlackStar

First Post
Is there a set of guidelines for making a writing proposal? Any particular way you want it handled, formated, yadda yadda yadda?

Thanks a lot

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Natural20 Press might have had one.
The way we used to handle things with Ambient Inc. was:
1 page minimum, 3 pages maximum
10pt font
.rtf, .wpd, or .doc format

Should include:
-complete contact information: email addy, phone number, mailing address, IM contact names/numbers, etc.
-Broad overview of the product with chapter breakdown. Say how long the product is
-1 sample of cream (story-writing/descriptive ability)
-1 sample of crunch (game mechanics)
-status of the project (conceptual stage, partially written, complete, complete and illustrated, etc)
-references if you've written for someone else before, especially in the game industry

I'll bring it up with the rest of the team to see if they're in agreement.

Last edited:

presumed_druid

First Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

When you mention little return, I assume that you mean money for the author, as well as the publisher. Can you give me a basic idea of pay rate?

I don't recall if it was natural 20, or ambient, but in the submission guide for one or the other, it mentioned an author receiving a payment based on copies sold. Does that hold true?

presumed_druid

First Post
This seems like as good of a place as any to ask this question, so here it goes.

I've submitted an adventure proposal to your fine company, and I'm wondering approximately how long it usually takes to receive a response. I'm not trying to rush anyone, but I am curious.

Remove ads