• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Wulf's BARAKUS FOLLIES] LOST CITY OF BARAKUS TPK...?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
If the sorc doesn't get his invisibility off, he's probably done.

The sorcerer is a gnome (move 20) and the apes have scent. Invisibility will delay things, but may not be her salvation, even if she does get it cast.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
new monster Feat

Cooperative Rend
When you and an ally are flanking an opponent, and you each hit with a claw attack, you may....

Oh, nevermind. Even I can't stoop to such low rat bastardry.

Wulf Ratbane said:
Even I can't stoop to such low rat bastardry.
"Wulf Ratbane, for all that he’s a bastard, and a murderer, and a capitalist, and an exploiter, he’s also a visionary who understands what it is to be a human intervening in the world. " :p

Old One

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
The rogue does pretty good-- whacks his ape down to 8 hit points-- before it rends him down to -9. (He stabilizes, and in a moment of mercy, I decide that the summoned ape won't go Samsonite on him.)

Hah! Soda-through-the-nose on that one...Samsonite...hehe.

Even with Spring Attack, the fighter may be stewed unless he is using a reach weapon. The DAs have a 10' reach. Assuming the sorcerer is lucky enough to go invisible - leaving the fighter alone with the DAs - 10' reach covers a lot of ground. If they both charge and one gets a rend attack and/or they flank and effectively "cover" the fighter with reach, he is toast.

The only thing the cleric and the paladin will be cleaning up is a stain on the floor ;)!

~ OO

Mystery Man

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
The rogue does pretty good-- whacks his ape down to 8 hit points-- before it rends him down to -9. (He stabilizes, and in a moment of mercy, I decide that the summoned ape won't go Samsonite on him.)

My sides hurt laughing at that image. I loudly (and embarrasingly) snortlaughed.

Ah thanks, I needed that.:D

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
"Wulf Ratbane, for all that he’s a bastard, and a murderer, and a capitalist, and an exploiter, he’s also a visionary who understands what it is to be a human intervening in the world. " :p

I should set up a little stand and hawk Action Points for a buck each.

Old One and Mystery Man said:
Hah! Snort! Samsonite...hehe.

I think some of us are showing our age.

Well. If it were a real ape and not a "summoned as part of a trap" ape, I doubt I could have rationalized anything other than a horrible mauling.

Old One

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Well. If it were a real ape and not a "summoned as part of a trap" ape, I doubt I could have rationalized anything other than a horrible mauling.

My rationalization is that most animals will leave you alone if you play dead...provided they aren't planning on eating you, that is...and I imagine the rogue is doing a fine job of playing dead! Of course, apes are omnivorous ;)...

~ OO

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads