• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wulf's Collected Story Hour -- FINAL UPDATE 12/25

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Clever Marketing Ploy

Olgar Shiverstone said:
It doesn't count as an update unless the Wulfinator smashes at least one head.

So playing "mortar and pestle" with my hot dwarven bride don't count then?

Wulf

Lord Pendragon

First Post
On a side note, Wulf,

Have you thought of who/what you're going to play in Piratecat's game? Wulf is about the right level, but somehow he doesn't seem to fit in the more....cerebral....game in Boston. :D

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Lord Pendragon said:
Have you thought of who/what you're going to play in Piratecat's game? Wulf is about the right level, but somehow he doesn't seem to fit in the more....cerebral....game in Boston. :D

Obviously Wulf is not an option that either me or Kevin has ever entertained. But since so much of Wulf is me, and vice versa, I am going to have to be careful to fit in no matter how you slice it.

After 20 years of gaming there really isn't anything "new and exciting" for me to try, except maybe... well... an ELF. I am not looking forward to switching gears, roleplaying-wise. I have a couple of years of personality invested in Wulf and it has become a comfortable, second-nature fit, so anything new is going to take some getting used to and constantly reminding myself who and where I am.

I have floated a couple of ideas past Kevin but ultimately I hope he'll just tell me what works for him. He has told me that the name "Goat Boy" isn't going to fly. ;)

Wulf

Samnell

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:
I have floated a couple of ideas past Kevin but ultimately I hope he'll just tell me what works for him. He has told me that the name "Goat Boy" isn't going to fly. ;)

What about the halfling courtesan? :)

Gumby

First Post
I must admit I'm also looking forward to Tigglebitty Funbags' Story Hour. I assume it'll be $4.99/minute, Visa/Mastercard accepted?

jonrog1

First Post
A large flowchart with several hundred squares, each bearing a faction, family, or religion connected by multiple arrows, each arrow indicating a subtley different relationship, adorns a large wall.

Two figures stand before it. They've been there for seven hours while the tall one explains the chart. The shorter of the two is still holding a bloodstained axe. In the distance, a large section of a rich city neighborhood burns.

Nolin: "It's not that we don't appreciate your enthusiasm, but you as you can see, err ..."

Wulf: "Wulf."

Nolin: "Yes. You see, that's the complex web of intrigue and influence we must weave while forging forward on our herioc path. We must always finely balance along the narrow path in the shifting sands of betrayal, trust, and knowledge. "

Wulf: "Right."

Nolin: "So you've got it?"

Wulf: "Got it."

A long beat.

Wulf: (unfolding parchment) "So, could you just write down who needs boot applied to ass in what order, exactly. Just the first fifty or so. That'll keep me busy for a week."

Nolin: *sigh*

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Good, and accurate too.

And while I appreciate knowing where to apply the next ass-kicking, it bears repeating: There's no problem you can't solve with a big enough pile of dead bad guys; and its corrollary by extension, "...a big enough pile of dead people."

The bad guys are bound to be in there somewhere...

Wulf

(contact)

Explorer
"There's no problem you can't solve with a big enough pile of dead bad guys"

A sentiment echoed by many of our real world's most illustrious leaders.

Wulf, the layman's Machiavelli.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

See, now I find that a little annoying, because I put in a very strong yes vote for "Goat Boy". It's simple, clear and easy to rhyme. After ten years as a bard, I appreciate these qualities in a character.

Goat Boy. Boy Toy. Perfumed Joy. Fauntleroy. It's all good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads