Wulf's Collected Story Hour -- FINAL UPDATE 12/25

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Lord Pendragon said:
You know, I looked this thread up again to quote from it (the bit where Wulf brains the medusa with a sack of pennies)

To be fair, I thought it was just a young girl at the time.

A wonderfully insightful gift on Wulf's part.

You guys really take the fun out of being a bad guy.

Ah, well. It was great while it lasted, Wulf. Truly great.

Well, thanks. It's much appreciated.

Funeris

First Post
So, ummmm....what's up with the full compiled version with art and everything? Did it die? What happened to the art contest? There was a large gap of about a year in the posts....<sigh>

guess I'll just have to reread the thread for the 3rd or 4th time to get my fill....
<sigh>
:)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Funeris said:
So, ummmm....what's up with the full compiled version with art and everything? Did it die? What happened to the art contest?

You know, this recent bump has me all riled up again.

I'd put the "Story Hour Project" on hold because, I still believe, I'd like to go with Piratecat's first to prove the system.

But now, heck. Christmas present to myself. I'll spend the holiday editing the whole things-- which could mean some major changes, like removing Wizards IP-- and just print-on-demand the thing.

Looking like, probably, $14.95 or so for a paperback, unless I use really teeny-tiny type.

I'll also probably only do up through the end of Speaker (for obvious reasons).

No artwork other than what folks want to volunteer. I'd love to have several "plates" of art from folks' favorite scenes, so feel free to spread the word to your artsy-fartsy buddies.

Wulf

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I woudl not mind having a copy of this and the price aint all that bad. I would LOVE for their to be some color pictures and what not.

I do have to ask, why no further than "Speaker", and with this in mind what adventures would be contained within the book?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Elocin said:
I woudl not mind having a copy of this and the price aint all that bad. I would LOVE for their to be some color pictures and what not.

I don't know of any POD services that offer color interior. Sorry. B/W pictures inside will work just fine.

I do have to ask, why no further than "Speaker"

I was just never really happy with anything that came after. I misspoke, though-- I meant through Standing Stone.

And with this in mind what adventures would be contained within the book?

Forge of Fury, Speaker in Dreams, Standing Stone.

Or as I like to think of it, "The Peck Cycle."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I am happy with B/W photos as well, and What abot Nightfang Spire? No offense hear as I am sure you are happy to please your fans, but I LOVED those pit traps with the razor blades you kept falling through.

Brought a laugh to my face everytime.

Morrow

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I was just never really happy with anything that came after. I misspoke, though-- I meant through Standing Stone.

I think you're right, when I think of Wulf's story hour I don't think of the later stories where the power level really cranked up to 11. I think of the peck. Granted, I think of him with disgust and contempt, but I do think of him. It's a shame to lose Dorn though. Now I'll grant you he's no Halma, but if you must have a cleric in the group (and I think the whole point of Nightfang Spire was to convince every party that came through that they needed a cleric or six), you could do much worse than Dorn.

Morrow

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Wulf Ratbane said:
You bastard. GM much?

As a matter of fact I do, how did you know? When I ran my players through this module I instantly harkened back to reading your story hour when the rogue in my party failed their detect trap roll and fell through the trap as well.

Loved it.

But then the Cleric in my group had some great rolls when talking to the leader of the girallons and converted her to worship Pelor, so now in my world there are is a tribe of Girallons who now worship Pelor. He ruined all my fun.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

While this is undoubtedly the best part of the Story Hour, I think the rest of the SH is still very good, and certainly worthy of being included in the whole. Perhaps as a sequel that's not quite as compelling as the first, but still a worthy read. Dorn, Diessa, Shorty, and Karak and his little boy...these are all characters that are fun to read about, even if they aren't as compelling as the Wulf vs. Peck dynamic.

Remove ads