• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I'd say one stone shape for each side of the wall.

But I thought the plan was a frontal attack - just walking in the front like you did yesterday. If so, you wouldn't have to climb walls, unless it's blocked with a gate or something like that. Or do you plan to climb over a wall on the side or back of the complex? If so, where, and what will you do about the moat (which is all around the inside of the wall except near the front of the complex)?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I thought a frontal assault, but not through the front door. Did the things in the moat actually grabbed out of it? I thought we could maybe avoid them by quickly running over it, via waterwalk.
I will have a second look at the spell-list, where I could put the second stone shape.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
I thought a frontal assault, but not through the front door. Did the things in the moat actually grabbed out of it? I thought we could maybe avoid them by quickly running over it, via waterwalk.

ooc: Maybe you could - they seemed to be big predatory fish.

I will have a second look at the spell-list, where I could put the second stone shape.

OK.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57
OOC:
Finished spell list.

[sblock=ooc]
Will cast and share the spells just before going in:
barkskin
enhance wild shape

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Spot +17, Listen +18

not final:
Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Stone Shape, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Dispel Magic, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Unless someone has some defensive magics to cast, I assume we will circumnavigate the lake back toward the Temple, and then straight forward through the defenses.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: ooc: Fuller could spam sanctury spells. Any reason why we want to go through the front door. On the other side, we could maybe save some spell slots this way.

kinem

Adventurer
Of the sanctuary tactic, Fuller says "It's not a bad idea, but the more people involved on each side, the better the chance that at least some of the charms will be ineffective on some of the enemy. And once battle breaks out, the rest of us could be quickly drawn in. I think I'd rather save my spells for other uses uses like healing. But if you wish, I'd be willing to try the tactic."

Remove ads