D&D 5E [Xanathar's Guide] What is your first PC you're gonna make?

tuxedoraptor

First Post
One of my players is planning on a human celestial warlock, a crusty old man who is probably half insane due to the fact he poked around in things he shouldn't have been poking around in, got himself quasi-divine powers and the ability to heal other people.

The other is a human wizard warmage with the monster hunter background. She opened an eldritch tome and released horrible,mind eating things that should not be into this world and now she is going to fix it: with fire. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fire. Maybe some cold,lightning and acid as well. Did I mention the fire?

Al2O3

Explorer
My sun soul monk died in his first encounter in Chult this weekend. Just made a Shield Dwarf Forge Cleric as replacement. Good thing they posted it as a preview!

Sent from my Huawei P10 plus

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to make something new and the next PC I want to play is a halfling champion fighter. A high elf arcane archer might be the what I try out first though.

extralead

First Post
Scourge Aasimar Divine Soul Sorcerer followed by a Human-variant Fighter Cavalier with Magic Initiate and Beast Bond. Most people are extremely-curious about how the rules will work out for the Kensei and Samurai. I am definitely Most People in this situation.

S

Sunseeker

I stopped playing 5E a while ago. Noone I play with is a minimalist and most of the people I play with want more choice and variety than 5E provides.

Prism

Explorer
When we played Princes of the Apocalypse the party 'rescued' a member of the water cult from the fire temple and led her from the temple. Water cult members are typically originally pirates and sailors. I'm going to play that character as a coastland ranger who happens to be an ex pirate and ex cult member. She has developed a particular dislike of extra planar elemental beings so I'll be trying the Horizon Walker to emphasize that. I'll probably give one of the human feats a go as her 1st level option too

gyor

Legend
So many choices, but my top choice is Human (Mulhorandi) Divine Sorceror (good or chaotic) descendant of Shares (Bast), whose was badly wounded by dark Imaskari curse, with the lingering effect sops his strength, to the point that only the divine magic flowing through him keeps him alive at all, but with the side effect that he is always in a state of divine rapture (basically drugged out on divine energy).

My second choice is Shadow Sorceror Drow, the result of two drow nobles experimenting with breeding while possessed by shadow demons (consentually, it was research between drow wizards). Drow High Magic feat.

A Horizon Walker Half Elf that draws his power from the plane/domain of Brightwater, the afterlife of Sune, Llira, and Sharess.

A Druid of the Shepherd that worships Lurue, who creates creatures and fey spirits, by shaping the raw magic primal energies of the feywild and the elemental chaos. Will have ritual caster (wizard) for the familiar spell.

College of Whispers Bard, a Tiefling whose infernal heritage tainted his bardic music by accident.

A Tiefling Divine Soul (Evil or Lawful) of Lovitar, always keeps his word to allies, but enjoys being cruel to his enemies. Sadistist, but smart enough to leave his allies alone. Likes summoning fiends and fiendish spirits. Maybe a level of Barbarian.

Remove ads