D&D 5E XGTE Errata

Nevvur

Explorer
A wiki to compile a list of errors discovered in the first prints of Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Where official guidance has been given (e.g. Sage Advice), the answer is hyperlinked to the source.

• Barbarian - Path of the Ancestral Guardian (p 9-10): Mismatched values between text and table for Spirit Shield. Use the text.
  • Fighter - Arcane Archer (p 28): Arcane Shot requires the use of a magic arrow. The feature is not intended to require a magic arrow.
  • Feats - Second Chance (p 75): The feat does not specify what happens after the attacker is forced to reroll. Does the halfling's player get to choose which roll is used? Does the attacker have to use the new roll? Is the lower roll used automatically?
  • Encounter Tables - Grasslands (p 100): The first two tables are listed as "Levels 1-5" and "6-10", whereas the tables for all the other environments are marked as "Levels 1-4" and "5-10".
  • Spells - Mind Spike (p 162): The spell deals 3d8 base damage, but it appears to deal extra d6s when cast at higher levels. It's supposed to deal more d8s at higher levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
Here's one that might possibly need errata: The Second Chance halfling racial feat doesn't specify whether the attacker must use the result of the reroll or not. My money's on yes, otherwise it would be pointless. I'm just surprised that it doesn't specifically state that the target must use the new roll, like pretty much every other reroll ability in the game does.

gyor

Legend
Temple of the Gods add the casters wisdom mod to all healing spells cast within, should be changed to Spellcasting Stat.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Here's one that might possibly need errata: The Second Chance halfling racial feat doesn't specify whether the attacker must use the result of the reroll or not. My money's on yes, otherwise it would be pointless. I'm just surprised that it doesn't specifically state that the target must use the new roll, like pretty much every other reroll ability in the game does.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Given that you're altering an attack against you, it would be a risk to allow it to take the new roll rather than offer a choice. There's only a 5% chance the new roll is a crit, but it's still a chance.

Temple of the Gods add the casters wisdom mod to all healing spells cast within, should be changed to Spellcasting Stat.
Ooh, that's a big boo-boo.

I sure hope Healing Spirits gets an errata soon...
What's wrong with it?

Nevvur

Explorer
Temple of the Gods only appears on the Cleric spell list. It affects Divine Soul and College of Lore if they really want to spend one of their known spells on it, but I don't see that happening often (I would actually posit that less than 1% of either archetype would choose it, but that's wild conjecture)

Even if they do, Wisdom is the closest thing we get to a "divinity" stat, and being a sort of consecrated ground, I think it's fine that the measure of its healing bonus is based on the caster's "divinity" rather than his aptitude at spellcasting. All this is to say, I don't think it's a typo. Regardless, I tweeted JC for clarification.

(Unfortunately he doesn't have a good track record of answering my tweets)

5ekyu

Hero
What's wrong with it?

Well, OOC you could march every PC thru it each turn gaining 1d6 heal per turn for a minute - aka 10d6 healing per pc in one minute after a fight.

the lack of either "takes an action type by the caster to get it to heal" or a "each character may only be healed once over the duration" limitations makes this an unusually high yielding post-combat group heal.

Esp since you can up-slot it for more dice, iirc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases