• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

XP or EP?

XP or EP?

• XP

Votes: 250 98.0%
  • EP

Votes: 5 2.0%

Tiberius

Explorer
Mercule said:
EP goes on your money sheet.

XP is involved in leveling.

This is probably not the best means of differentiating the two, as the advancement rules at the time where ep were around were such that you got 1 XP per 1 gp worth of treasure you pulled out of the dungeon. Thus EP as well as XP were involved in levelling. :)

Megatron

Explorer
XP

maybe EXP (pronounced either E.X.P. or Ehksp, but the later is never used with a quantity, only when speaking about the general concept.

ElvishBard

First Post
As of when this is posted, XP is 196 to EPs 3. Anyone who says EP should make sure to not only put themselves on the link in my sig, but make sure we know that they prefer EP instead of the holy, correct version that is known only as XP (exp is wrong too but is less deserving of death :lol: )

Nyaricus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
You broke the poll.
PFFT!!! And you, sirrah owe me a new keyboard :lol:

I've always referred to them as EXP or XP, usually the former. Never even HEARD of EP being used in that way before this thread (eletrum pieces!)

Advancement Points does have a certain ring to it, however :D

jinx crossbow

First Post
Nifft said:
What kind of hideously deformed mutant says "E.P."?

-- N
The Germans!

Experience in geman is Erfahrung
Theres no X inside, thats why XPs they are called EP here.

Jinx

Damn: Thanee is always faster than me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads