XP - Somewhat Positive

Bullgrit

Adventurer
In a thread on the General forum, I asked what "LBB" meant. JeffB answered my question in an XP award. Neat. I thanked him with an XP award to the post right above mine.

Then seeing both our posts right there, together on my screen, I got to wondering. Can I give XP to myself? That would be funny and not good at the same time.

So I clicked on my XP icon. This is what popped up:
enwxp.png

Made me chuckle.

Then I clicked on a post where I had 2 XP. Says the same thing, "Somewhat Positive."

Now I'm curious if the descriptor changes with more XP. I don't have a post with more than 2 XP showing up in my latest 25. How about you? Check your posts that have more than 2 XP and see if the text changes.

Edit: This post showing as "Extremely Positive" (with XP from Morrus through Piratecat).

Bullgrit

Last edited:

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
Interesting - I never knew this. Are you saying that as you get more XP on one post, that it becomes more valuable to your XP total? We know that @Morrus gives out super XP, but 420 to 450 seems like a large jump.

Last edited:

Bullgrit

Adventurer
After Morrus said “+10” but his actual boost to my total xp came to +30, it made me wonder…

(Y’all know me: I’m a data geek.)

After Morrus’ xp: Total xp = 450.

Then I got xp for various posts from (in this order):
renau1g – at least a Copper (+3)
Gulla – at least a Copper (+3)
Scott DeWar – “Registered User” (+1?)
darjr – at least a Copper (+3)
darjr [yes, twice, in a row, but different posts] (+3)
GandalfMithrandir – “Registered User” (+1)
Knightfall – “Registered User” (+1)
Piratecat – Admin (+10)
Infiniti2000 – “Registered User” (+1)

Total XP now = 492
That’s +42 xp from 9 people. (Parenthetical/theoretical xp comes out to +26.)

Morrus gives +30
Admins give +? (Morrus is an admin, and so is Piratecat)
Mods give +10?
Silver Subs give +5
Copper Subs give +3
Regular user gives +1

How can I tell who is a Copper or Silver subscriber if they haven’t put it in their title? (I’m a Silver subscriber, but I’ve never bothered to change my title at all.) Some people have different color names, but how to interpret that?

And on the subject of subscriptions, does the subscription page text need to be updated? It mentions Heroic and Paragon levels.

Edit: In case it needs to be said, (since my posts are almost always read with the worst possible interpretation), I am in no way suggesting Morrus lied or was misleading. I figure he simply didn't realize his xp awards were higher than +10.

Edit: Galeros just xp'ed me for +1. (Total 493.)

Bullgrit

Last edited:

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
How can I tell who is a Copper or Silver subscriber if they haven’t put it in their title? (I’m a Silver subscriber, but I’ve never bothered to change my title at all.) Some people have different color names, but how to interpret that?

It says and always has said Copper Subscriber under my name. I don't recall ever specifying that it should say that, but perhaps there is a profile setting for it.

Remove ads