XP

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Thanks, LightPhoenix (I would have XPed you, but if you have it disabled... :erm: ).

I get the blank page with that link with my info, and I also tried downloading Chrome and logging in fresh with the same results.

I believe I have XP enabled. I can't see anyone's XP tab when I look at their profiles. And I don't believe I ever saw it on the old ENWorld, either, though I can't be 100% certain.

Thanks again for the info.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've noted that (AFAIK) aside from Dannyalcatraz thus far everyone who has said they can see the tab is some degree of moderator on one forum or another. Could this be a permissions/group issue?
Ummmmm...
I'm actually a stealth mod now.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Ummmmm...
I'm actually a stealth mod now.

Really? In that case I'm almost certain (as certain as I can be anyway) that it's a permissions/group issue.

Funny story, I actually thought you were a mod, but I wanted to confirm my suspicion and didn't see you listed. Shouldn't have doubted myself! :p

Thanks, LightPhoenix (I would have XPed you, but if you have it disabled... :erm: ).

I believe I have XP enabled. I can't see anyone's XP tab when I look at their profiles. And I don't believe I ever saw it on the old ENWorld, either, though I can't be 100% certain.

Funny thing about XP - you can still give me it, I can still see it, but no one else can see it. So it's not truly disabled so much as it is hidden.

I can see people's XP tabs (where it's been said to be). You do have XP enabled; I can see your green bar. I actually didn't have the tab on the old ENW either, same as it is now.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Funny story, I actually thought you were a mod, but I wanted to confirm my suspicion and didn't see you listed. Shouldn't have doubted myself!

It's a recent thing: I was recruited a few months ago, and declined. But I kept reporting so much spam that they decided to make me a mod for the limited purpose of nuking spammers, since it saved everyone a step and a lot of time and hassle.

LightPhoenix

First Post
But I'm not a mod and I could see it. Unless someone made me a mod and didn't tell me. 

same here, not a mod but I see I have 1135 xp and who gave it to me.

You can your XP by going to "My Profile" and the tab is there? Or you can see it by going to Settings? Note that we (Rabulias and I) can see other members' XP tabs, we just can't see our own.

Regardless of the result, the fact that we've already ruled out cache/cookie issues and that some members can see it and others can't still suggests a permissions issue of some kind.

john112364

First Post
You can your XP by going to "My Profile" and the tab is there? Or you can see it by going to Settings? Note that we (Rabulias and I) can see other members' XP tabs, we just can't see our own.

Regardless of the result, the fact that we've already ruled out cache/cookie issues and that some members can see it and others can't still suggests a permissions issue of some kind.

I can see yours, mine, Scott DeWar and anyone else I've checked. I can see how much Scott DeWar has as well as who gave it to him. Am I supposed to be able to see all of this?
Perhaps the Silver Subscription has permissions set wrong on the new software?

LightPhoenix

First Post
So you can see it under My Profile then? The understanding is that everyone should be able to see their own XP tab under My Profile. I don't think it's a new software issue; to my recollection I did not have the XP tab on the old software either. It's possible that it's disabled for non-subscribers. I purchased a Silver Subscriber myself after things came back up, and can't see it. However, I also don't have the "SILVER SUBSCRIBER" tag*; I'm still listed as "Registered User."

* I can search, can access Zeitgeist, can change title, can not turn off the right-side ad.

Remove ads