• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yay Failing Book Stores?

Scribble

First Post
SO I was in the mall the other day and I saw that Borders seems to be closing shop on the "Borders Express" stores... Everything left is crazy discounted.

They had a copy of MM2 at 70% off so I snagged it. It wasn't really on my radar to buy it before that, but at 70% off... :D

So if you live near a borders express you might find something. :p

Tale

First Post
Yeah, they're closing like half the Waldenbooks. If I knew of one near me I'd go check it out, but I don't think I have any.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
SO I was in the mall the other day and I saw that Borders seems to be closing shop on the "Borders Express" stores...
Borders UK went into receivership and all of their stores across the whole of teh UK closed right before Christmas.

Lots of crazy discounts (they even sold off the fixtures and fittings!) but lots of people lost their jobs as well.

coyote6

Adventurer
The local B. Dalton just closed; they never got below 50% off, though. I still bought a bunch of books. (FWIW, that was the last bookstore in the city of 150,000 I live in.)

I was in the not-quite-local Borders Express on Friday, and they didn't have any "store closing" signs up, so I guess they're okay. If they did close, that would leave exactly one bookstore (AFAIK) within 25 miles -- a regular Borders. With an ever-shrinking fantasy & SF section, and all of Borders ongoing problems -- not terribly reassuring.

Blackbrrd

First Post
The local B. Dalton just closed; they never got below 50% off, though. I still bought a bunch of books. (FWIW, that was the last bookstore in the city of 150,000 I live in.)

I was in the not-quite-local Borders Express on Friday, and they didn't have any "store closing" signs up, so I guess they're okay. If they did close, that would leave exactly one bookstore (AFAIK) within 25 miles -- a regular Borders. With an ever-shrinking fantasy & SF section, and all of Borders ongoing problems -- not terribly reassuring.

OMG

I live in a town with 25.000 people and we have like 2-3 book stores. None of them are fantasy/sci-fi bookstores or anything but...

Regarding fantasy/sci-fi I think there are like 2-3 of them in the whole of Norway. Norway has about 5 million people...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads