(YB/Meta/Rules) YB 2.0 (very long)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Fine, so you agree that the powers should not be doubled, but what about the regular attacks? I could see that being doubled against two lesser foes, but it does add a little more complexity, if only for a rule that should not come into play very often.

Wicht

Hero
Well thats why I am asking - the YBA system actually works out really nice for all manners and numbers of participants in the fight - but the lone fighter is at a serious disadvantage against 2 or more - just check out Kalath's experience with 6 little waifs that beat the snot out of him - they each has 2 hits (total 12) and he had 14 hits to begin with and as he was running away they still had 4 alive with 8 total hits and he was down to 2.

The 1 move per fighter is more realistic but much more dangerous for the lone fighter. The 2 moves posted by the lone fighter makes for a more balanced fight, but is not quite as easy to judge.

Wicht

Hero
I don't know - i guess I was thinking some brave soul would volunteer to put the rules on the generator page...

but yeah - if the rules are gonna be linked to the faq the faq would probably need a little alteration - though i really like the faq so far.

MidKnight

First Post
Since the YBA rules are already in place and seem to work pretty well, I would say to use them for the 2-on-1 matches.

Hows this for another bad idea...
Anybody else ever wanted to see a dojo vs dojo or dojo vs gang or gang vs gang fight??? Thats right - use 'em all (members and leaders)! And all at the same time! Not saying I'd want to judge such a disaster but it could be a BLAST to read / participate in!:D

***looks above for the ton of bricks...:D :D

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
MidKnight said:
***looks above for the ton of bricks...:D :D

No ton of bricks, but the YBA fight rules do make this possible. Perhaps for multi fights do a variation of the speed match where each fighter starts off with 5-10 flags and hits against them take away flags until they are out of the match...

Lady Diamond

First Post
Wicht said:
I don't know - i guess I was thinking some brave soul would volunteer to put the rules on the generator page...

but yeah - if the rules are gonna be linked to the faq the faq would probably need a little alteration - though i really like the faq so far.

*shrug* well I'm a brave soul and I took over update of KD's old domain.. but.. let's get something straight :) ... no complaints about the html or formatting, and it will take a bit more time to do. Since we can use the FAQ until then (and keep the FAQ as a backup or primary, doesn't matter to me), I don't see a problem. I'd need a rank progression/advancement chart as well (it may already be in the FAQ, I dunno). I'd like to stick with KD's original design for things, so any other brave soul out there to wants to take the original advancement chart as a format guide and make a list of all the paths and their ranks and get it to me somehow (email, post, whatever) would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
rules for multiple fighters posted - including rules for free for alls (ala storm brewing) and team fights (2 on 1, etc.)

Let me know how it looks.

Also I think I am going to change around the light/dark advancement - its the only path I think is flawed in advancement - I think we should leave the 1 buffer rank and advancement only through fighting villains (any yakuza or dark) or through fighting good guys (honor or light), but make it to where winning over a dark (if a light) or over a light (if a dark) wins an extra rank. The present option actually penalizes them for fighting their enemies.

Wicht

Hero
bumping

Almost got all the rules together - except item rules and some comments on judging (journeyman, master, etc) then just gotta arrange the powers more neatly and check for mistakes :)

Wicht

Hero
one more bump so people notice this :)

Any glaring errors in the final product? Feel free to point them out. I already noticed a couple that were results of changing a rule in one place and forgetting the same rule in another.

If you did not look, the first post of this thread is now the entire set of rules.

Remove ads