• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB Rules Feedback!

shaff

First Post
I say let immunity be -1 damage.

Im not sure what u all mean by the dojo style thing.

I think that maybe you could have like 3-5 more losses for ur dojo before its dishonored, to give it a little more breathing room in the beginning.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Darkwolf said:
I also support Otu's idea.

I support the sig immunity change to -1 but perhaps say that the ones that are mastered are immune to keep some of the flavor of knowing the style?

It leaves the poor Yakuza and Darks who don't get Masteries in the dust. They'd need something to compensate but if this is an idea liked by most, finding some form of compensation is possible.

Ciaran

First Post
Immunities are no worse than Perfect Defense. :) And the ridiculous 5-point hits that a high-ranking character can muster will hardly be fazed by the -1 damage.

I'll post an idea for a new path in a separate thread.

reiella

Explorer
-1 hit or automatically lose the round.

See the Dratini v Gray fight, it's funny and shows fairly well in about 3 rounds that Cunning Defense is not better than the relavant immunities.

Personally the cleanest change, imo, would be simply to change it to passive defense.

Sneaky Trick no longer grants initiative (As a side), this was changed with immunities being added to locations.

[ Edit / Add ]
Clarification, apparantly was wrong about that and dreamt something :p. (Sneaky Trick does provide init)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Another bump since Kal is around. :)

Hi Knight :), unfortunately no I haven't really come to any conclusions , by the time there was any real discussion my holidays were over (and its only in retrospect I can call 1 page real discussion :p), however I'm considering doing a rules update/changeover during my longer Christmas Holidays, and I'll certainly be considering these things. I'm also looking for some people to help out with this (ie slap me when I go powermad and declare that Perfect Defense is a viable Tier 2 power.) Anyone who wants to do so is free to volunteer but I'd really prefer it if they have IRC access as it makes coordination a lot easier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads