• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[yb2-rant] Dark/Light Pathes

reiella

Explorer
Mildly frustrated at some occurances recently.

Some may notice that Team Rocket is now closed to anyone who is simply planning to move through the Yakuza path to Darkness...

In all this is really because I've gained a fun total of 4 loses/2 wins. Not a whole lot really but it's still mildly annoying and somewhat frustrating to see (all said 4 loses were over this past week while I was away, one win was from Wrath, and the other from the Jester who used it to leave the yakuza path).

I have very few qualms about 'screwing' over people who are just using the Yakuza path as a stepping stone *shrug* to dark. After all, why should I help you for no real gain to myself and only opening myself to greater risk?

But it does bring a point up that I would like to comment on. Right now it isn't a big deal or much of a concern, but I am thinking it may be worthwhile to consider expanding the allowance for going into the Light/Dark pathes (from White Belt) so that fighters don't need to go through an interim of either honor or yakuza path in order to get their character concept. In truth this will really be more of a boon to the Dark considering now that they would be at a considerable disadvantage while 'passing' through the Yakuza path currently however.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
How about this: If a Yakuza (a gangster who's honor-bound to serve his master, no less!) leaves his gang, his boss can choose to challenge him to a duel and he must accept if he wants to go through with his change to darkness.

reiella

Explorer
Causes no real change except giving the one who is leaving an extra rank if they succeed, and no net change to yakuza gang records, as well as making it more difficult to goto the Darkness path.

Wicht

Hero
It is already possible to go from white belt straight into light or darkness. I am not sure what else to do about it...

Darkwolf

First Post
I think what Reiella is saying here is that he wants white belts to be able to go into light and dark without the prerequisite fight of beating an appropriate second tier fighter. Thus, a white belt wouldn't have to beat a light/honor fighter to go dark and if they want to go light they wouldn't have to beat a yakuza/dark fighter.

Remove ads