• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[YBA] Cait Sith in the Passage of Death

turtle

First Post
Once you have made all your arrangements and received your supplies, the Director General summons you to his command tent.

It is a relatively spartan tent for someone of such high prestige. The Director General is currently in discussion with several generals. Although most of the generals look impassive, some definitely scowl at you.

The Director General looks up at you and says,

"Before you leave I wish to tell you a few things. First, always remember that your mission is of the utmost importance. The Pass to the South is the only way we can reach the rebels and fulfill the Emperor's command. Your mission is absolutely vital to this effort. Let nothing stand in your way. Second, the original scouting team returned from the Valley in a bad state. They had somehow become mute and died after they were here for two days. Discover what happened to them but do not suffer the same fate. Use utmost caution..."

Following this, the Director General dismisses you from his presence...

You enter your rowboat to go upriver

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the gate west of the Baths at Lo Xiang on the night of the chopstick.

Wicht

Hero
Getting into his rowboat, Cait Sith starts to propel himself upriver, hoping he meets nothing he cannot handle.

Cait Sith
Total Hits: 5
Natural Hits: 3

Experience: 2
Saved Experience: 0
Yen: 0

Equipment: Leather Armor, Shield, Sword, Spear, dagger, Staff
Power:
Fated,
Dirty Trick,
Student of the Fox

ooc - I can't be on constantly for a while but I will try to check back in every 20 or 30 minutes tonight

turtle

First Post
The night is very foggy and the rowing tiresome...

After a few hours of rowing upstream Cait sees the lantern of another boat in the distance... As he draws closer he hears someone yell from the direction of the lantern

"Help!"

Wicht

Hero
Cait Sith tries to discern the nature of the voice (male or female?) and then proceeds to quietly row towards the sound of the voice (and the light) so as not to warn any possible opponent as to his presence, yet.

turtle

First Post
The voice is male...
You can see a figure in the boat slumped over...

"Help... help me please..."

(btw as it is night I assumed you had a lantern on your boat for safety, as is the common practice in these parts... therefore the man is already aware of your presence...)

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
ok that would make sense :)

With an eye out for danger and trying to figure out what is wrong with the man before he gets there, Cait Sith rows towards the other boat, seeking to pull up alongside it.

turtle

First Post
As you get closer you can see the man more clearly... On the bottom of the boat there is another man.

He looks up at you with a glint in his eye...

"Help... help... help me get rich!"

The two men jump into your boat and attack!

turtle

First Post
Boat Bandits
CR: 1
Hits: 1
Possessions: Dagger, Kama
Yen Factor: 1
Powers: Student of the Unseen dagger, Student of the Invisible Kama

Round: 1
Hits left: 1 / 1

Dagger Bandit:The monkey annihilates the ruins; dominates the pain of the scythe!

Kama Bandit:The crab slashes atop the wastelands; protects against the edge of the sun!

Wicht

Hero
Cait Sith, not entirely surprised by this, moves to gain himself some time. With a flick of his wrist and a minor word of power he causes the air in his hand to flare up, dazzling the boat bandits and allowing him time to prepare an attack.

Dirty Trick!

Wicht

Hero
As soon as he himself can see, he swings into action. Flipping onto his back he kicks up at the bandit with the kama.

The rabbit dominates the hells; grasps the touch of the steam!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads