• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Item Questions for Wicht

Skarnkai

First Post
Looking in the new rules I was wondering if I could a few things..

For example, Could I put a modifier on an Accessory? I realize you don't want bonuses to exceed +5, so I don't intend on stacking multiple +5 bonuses. But my first new item will be an item of jade so I wanted to put the Jade Modifier on it if possible...

Also along the same line, can I put locations/styles/mods on armor? I could put them on different weapons... but I think that would take up a lot of space...

Finally I was wondering if I could add a Chi battery to an item? In this case a piece of armor (most likely 1 yen per Chi maximum of 5, like armor.. or perhaps paying the 4 yen required to start the battery?)

Wicht

Hero
Ok - you can put modifiers/locations/styles on armor as in the end it is all flavor. But in an attack, only the item with the largest attack bonus is used. Thus you cannot put +1 from sword on your armor with the attached blade and gain an additional +1 froma normal sword.

For a a chi/ki battery I would want to rule that it is 1 yen per chi/ki and that the battery does not recharge in between fights. The maximum here would be +10 chi/ki and the item would cost a base 5 yen to allow the charge. The item would have to be recharged between adventures and could only be used by a holy/unholy warrior.

graydoom

First Post
Also, another (unrelated) question.

Currently, Shove is worded as follow:
Shove
The character may shove away one opponent once per fight per Shove learned. The shoved opponent cannot attack or be attacked that round and cannot take any action until the next round. Shove may be purchased more than once.
The question is, can an ally be shoved? The current wording says "opponent" but I've seen it used to shove an ally so I'm wondering about this.

Wicht

Hero
It can be used to shove an ally so that should be changed int he wording. But it should not be able to be used on oneself.

graydoom

First Post
Personally, I think having to pay to recharge it is fair. For now, that's how I'll write it in the rules. I should have updated rules up soon with the shove errata, the new chi/ki battery items, and a section with info on my alternate exp system, which a lot of people seem to be using.

Remove ads