• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA)Sharlea enters Wicht's Lair Alone

Wicht

Hero
The goblin chief dies rather gruesomely. Sharlea finds a set of spiked gloves, a spear and a dagger as well as 6 yen. There are no other exits from the room other than that which Sharlea came in through.

Sharlea recieves 1.5 experience.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Sharlea
Hits:
Natural=4; Total=6
Experience: 4.5; Saved: 0
Powers: Expert of Hammer style(+2 to Hammer style moves),Dirty Trick(x1), Chair Shot, Shove(x1)
Yen: 14.5
Possessions: Mithril Kote(+2 Hits), +1 warhammer(+2 to Hammer style moves), 11 spears(+1 to Spear style moves), 3 daggers(+1 to Dagger style moves), spiked gloves(+1 to fist style moves)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wicht, a few questions before I decide where I want to go next.

First, can you please define an"Epic Foe" for me again. I'm probably blind, but I can't find it in the rules although if I'm recalling correctly it is something with a CR double or more of the fighter's natural hits.

Second, is there any way of powering up an item? For instance, I have Mithril Kote that give me +2 hits right now. Can I just pay 5 Yen more to make them give me + 3 Hits or do I have to sell them for 5 Yen and then buy the +3 Kote for 15 Yen?

If I decide I want to return to town to do some shopping I assume that I would return to the Lair on a different day, but can I get all the way out without any encounters at any time (like a person who runs from a battle winds up back at town without further injury only to return another day)? And would you start a new thread for that? Like right now I'm kinda wanting to go do some shopping, but you aren't here to answer this question, so I'll probably wait till tommorrow morning. Oh well, not a huge rush I guess, I just like to cut to the chase when possible.

Wicht

Hero
An epic foe is one more powerful than you allowing you to gain 1.5 or more experience points. Beating one at the right time is crucial however to gaining epic powers.

You can leave at any time and I will keep the same thread going. I assume you can get out without difficulty if you so choose per the running away rule.

As to the armor, you have to sell your old and pay the full price for the new. However you can alway buy armor and have it stack with your shield for 5 yen.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, I'm going back to town now then.

Here is the shopping I do:

Sell the 11 spears and the 3 daggers for 1 yen apiece for a profit of 14 Yen.

Adding this to my 14.5 Yen gets me a total of 28.5 Yen to spend. Here is the list of stuff I buy and how much I pay:

Dragon-Fang Dagger(+1 to Dragon, Fang, and Dagger moves) - 6 Yen
Phoenix-Claw Sword(+1 to Phoenix, Claw, and Sword moves) - 6 Yen
Chopsticks coated with Spider venom(+1 to Chopstick and Spider moves) - 4 Yen
Needles coated in Snake venom(+1 to Needle and Snake moves) - 4 Yen
Oaken Staff/Spear(+1 to Tree, Staff, and Spear moves) - 6 Yen

All of the above come to a total of 26 Yen, leaving me with 2.5 Yen after shopping.

I am assuming that I can actually buy this stuff like this after I saw some of the equipment Kaleth is carrying around. If any of this is not allowed, then let me know and I'll change it in the final stats which I'll post right after this.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Sharlea, Foehammer
Hits:
Natural=4; Total=6
Experience: 4.5; Saved: 0
Powers: Expert of Hammer style(+2 to Hammer style moves),Dirty Trick(x1), Chair Shot, Shove(x1)
Yen: 2.5
Possessions:
Mithril Kote(+2 Hits);
+1 warhammer(+2 to Hammer style moves);
spiked gloves(+1 to fist style moves);
Dragon-Fang Dagger(+1 to Dragon, Fang, and Dagger moves);
Phoenix-Claw Sword(+1 to Phoenix, Claw, and Sword moves);
Chopsticks w/ Spider venom(+1 to Chopstick and Spider moves);
Needles w/ Snake venom(+1 to Needle and Snake moves);
Oaken Staff/Spear(+1 to Tree, Staff, and Spear moves)

Okay, now assuming that all this is legal as I think it is, Sharlea wants to head back to the lair by the fastest route possible. At least past the Arena and to the stairs in the cave mouth.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Thats quite an ingenious list - I see nothing wrong with it

It is the dusk of the blizzard when Sharlea returns to the cemetery. There are no guards at the gate and she strolls through to the other side with ease. Soon she is again at the cave mouth.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Going carefully down the stairs, Sharlea looks for any trigger that might sound that alarm klaxon she set off before. If she finds such a thing, she will avoid it if she can.

Until or unless she runs into opposition, Sharlea would like to retrace her previous steps to the east, through the stalagmite room, then north to the first 'Y' junction where she will turn and head west.

ooc: You should see the other half of the list that I can't afford yet! :D

Wicht

Hero
Sharlea sees no trigger but as she goes down the stairs, she hears the klaxon again in the distance. As she enters the first room, with its sandy floor and high ceiling, she is immediately aware of movement through the tunnel to the north. She cannot tell what is going on, but it appears to be short figures, likely goblins.

Good night

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wary of a possible ambush, Sharlea keeps an eye out for traps as she advances north to meet the short figures.

Night. See ya tommorrow!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads