D&D 5E Yearly Releases Speculation Time

dave2008

Legend
True. I am considering other adventures around the same cost, but I expect there to be some meaty content for a price that's higher than a typical WotC hardcover level 1-13 campaign.
Understood, I haven't looked at the GG product so I don't know how much content it actually contains. I don't know what the 5e conversion looks like or the amount of new content added.

Retreater

Legend
No, @Retreater is think of Deb., see is the only celebrity attached to the project. She had her own D&D show for a bit (not sure if it is ongoing or not), so she seems dedicated at least.
Ah, Deborah Woll. Darned alliteration.
Still, not getting excited just over a placeholder "something is going to be released" until I know more. They could put Gary Gygax's name on the thing and I wouldn't care until I know what it is.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wildemount doesn't count, it doesn't take up a slot, it's a bonus book.

Well, sure: we're probably looking at the three standard in-house hardcovers that we know about (Welch's compilation, Perkins storyline, Crawford's crunchiness), plus Wildemount and possibly anything else that comes up as an attractive opportunity.

Retreater

Legend
Since I'm skilled in always finding the negative in life, here are my worst case predictions:

1) Adventure compilation of DMs Guild Extra Life modules forced into a thematic storyline.
2) Perkins' Storyline - an update of AD&D 2nd Edition's "Reverse Dungeon," but it's just Dungeon of the Mad Mage printed backwards.
3) Crawford's Book of Random Tables - roll on charts to see what kind of tables (and other furniture) can be placed in your adventure sites.

gyor

Legend
Well, sure: we're probably looking at the three standard in-house hardcovers that we know about (Welch's compilation, Perkins storyline, Crawford's crunchiness), plus Wildemount and possibly anything else that comes up as an attractive opportunity.

It's too much crunchiness for just one book IMHO, plus Monsters like Gem Dragons. I'm betting it two books, one might be a player options book and one a setting book or both are setting books.

And yeah that is in addition to Welshes book and Perkins book.

I think one will be a kind mix of Manuel of the Planes/Planescape, but with touches of MtG and the other will be a Forgotten Realms book, perhaps Al Qadim update or maybe something that includes that, but is broader.

Remove ads