• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yes! "Turns" are back!!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Sphyre said:
linux perhaps?

It takes me about twice as long to boot into linux than Windows XP. Then again, even then it only takes like 3 minutes to boot into linux while it takes like a minute to boot into windows... ok i guess that's three times as long. :p
You can make Linux blazingly fast to boot up, if you configure it to start login stuff before server stuff. Basically, you don't need the webserver running in order to log in, so you should start up logind and/or X before httpd, for example.

You can also parallelize a lot of the services instead of starting them serially.

(But then, modern distros may already do this stuff...)

Cheers, -- N

Delta

First Post
Blair Goatsblood said:
From what I've seen of 4E, with fights taking 5 minutes; a short rest taking 5 minutes; donning armor taking 5 minutes....The Turn is back with a vengeance baby!! And the turn is a good friend of the dungeonmaster.

As someone predicted, that's not what a "turn" means in 4E. The official rules summary on ENWorld's front page does define the "turn", and it means the same thing it did in 3E -- one person's time to act within a round.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads