D&D Movie/TV (Yet another) D&D Movie Speculation thread.

What makes "good" comedy is a matter of opinion, but I don't think it has anything to do with to what degree they skirt around sensitive topics. Louis CK's particular brand of humor always involved some degree of speaking the unspeakable and pushing the envelope, so nothing has changed in that regard. He's lost some fans, maybe quite a few, but there are plenty of folks who still enjoy his brand of humor.

I disagree that "nothing has changed" since the 90s. Sure, PC culture rose to prominence sometime around or before the early 90s, but the biggest difference is the ubiquity of social media. I'm guessing George Carlin wouldn't fared all that well against the social media tribunal.
Unlike Louis CK, Carlin didn’t expose himselves to women in a locked room and masturbate in front of them. Which is the primary reason why CK is on the defensive.
Has he not done that, non fans wouldn’t be so focused on his comedy.

I am Spanish and we can add S for the plural of drow.

And we don't need good drows if there are just darkskin people in the group of good guys.

I would have to differ - if you are writing in English, then rules of English grammar apply. If you whole comment had been written in Spanish, rather than just one word, then "drows" would have been correct.

I'm pretty sure if you wrote "sheeps" in an English test it would be marked wrong.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm pretty sure if you wrote "sheeps" in an English test it would be marked wrong.

...unless you can successfully assert you’re “verbing” the noun.* Like, “Ray just keeps acting so aggressive in social settings that he eventually just sheeps them all out, and they just do what he tells them to.”

* probably impossible on an English exam.

Tallifer

Hero
I would have to differ - if you are writing in English, then rules of English grammar apply. If you whole comment had been written in Spanish, rather than just one word, then "drows" would have been correct.

;) I am pretty sure that Drow is a made-up word and any way you wrote it on an English would be marked wrong. Also, that any way you choose to spell, pronounce or decline it in a game is just fine.

Remove ads