Yet another Ghostbusters movie

I would definitely like to see a new Ghostbusters movie if it does world building, like the original two movies did. This is one of the things I loved about the Ghostbusters game for PS3; it expanded on the mythology.

Also, it helps if they write actual jokes, and don't just put a bunch of comedians in a room and keep the camera rolling, hoping something funny will occur.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would definitely like to see a new Ghostbusters movie if it does world building, like the original two movies did. This is one of the things I loved about the Ghostbusters game for PS3; it expanded on the mythology.

Also, it helps if they write actual jokes, and don't just put a bunch of comedians in a room and keep the camera rolling, hoping something funny will occur.

That’s how they made a lot of the first film.

MarkB

Legend

I had the opposite feeling from the 2016 movie - that it was a whole bunch of scripted jokes strung together, with a cast were competent comedians, but couldn't actually deliver a natural-feeling acting performance.

Actually, I checked the original (final version) script of Ghostbusters, and yeah, it is pretty tightly scripted.

You can see how they probably did several takes of some of the scenes, and improvised some of the dialogue while staying more or less on script, and then kept the best takes... but it is a pretty detailed script never the less, and they barely deviate from it. Some extra/changed lines here and there, but pretty much what is in the film word by word. Then of course after editing some dialogues were clearly shortened, but most importantly, the jokes are all in there.

The female movie was okay.

If the original never existed it wouldn't have been hated as much. I found if fairly ok, but I think the syfy channel with its cheap movies style could have done better with the same cast and general script.

As for the new sequel I'm a bit concerned that once again a bad director has been hired for the willingness to go alone with the flow. But as he is the son of the original director, whom is now the producer of the new movie, it might work out better than the 16 reboot.

And while I'm here I made a meme for the new movie...
via Imgflip Meme Generator

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I was hoping that this would have the original cast, the living ones at any rate, but I'm thinking that won't be the case. It might end up like the 2016 reboot. Something I'll add to my watch list and maybe watch when I can't think of anything else to watch. Growing up with the original ghost busters, those are the ones I want to see in a new movie. Not just as cameos but as the main characters.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I was hoping that this would have the original cast, the living ones at any rate, but I'm thinking that won't be the case. It might end up like the 2016 reboot. Something I'll add to my watch list and maybe watch when I can't think of anything else to watch. Growing up with the original ghost busters, those are the ones I want to see in a new movie. Not just as cameos but as the main characters.

its being reported that Ernie Hudson has confirmed he and co-stars Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray will return for third film, primarily because of the involvement of Ivan Reitman and also that Dan Aykroyd is the 'driving force' behind the script.

SO while that bodes much much better than a "teenage sequel*" I'm not sure I'd want to see a group of old Ghostbusters (they're all hitting 70 now) as main characters - though a passing the torch sequence (maybe even one that honours Egons death) could work, so longer than a cameo but still supporting characters to the main new cast.

* whats the correct term for these sequel/reboot things anyway?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases