• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You all start in a....

Your father is dead, and you have inherited the throne...along with the scepter that allows you to control gold dragons! With youthful abandon, you declare everybody in the kingdom to be equal...

Nah...stupid plot idea...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Your father is dead, and you have inherited the throne...along with the scepter that allows you to control gold dragons! With youthful abandon, you declare everybody in the kingdom to be equal...

Nah...stupid plot idea...
:)

What if we tweek it?

His father is dead, and the Prince has inherited the throne...along with the scepter that allows him to control red dragons! With youthful abandon, he declares everybody in the kingdom to be equal...

As dragon food!

He intends to complete a ritual involving the sacrifice of thousands to ravenous red dragons, thereby raising himself to the level of a divine being.

This cannot stand, it cannot be allowed to happen.

And that is why you and several other dark-clad figures are meeting in this waterfront warehouse. Somehow, you and they must disrupt his plans, either directly or with the help of other recruits...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Its nighttime, and you stand outside a set of wrought iron gates at the bottom of the hill, looking up at your destination- an immense manor at the hill's crest. Only a few of its windows are lit from within, seemingly from a fireplace, judging by the way the lights flicker and the shadows jump.

As you listen to the receding hoofbeats of the carriage that brought you here, you unroll the parchment, reading it in the silvery moonlight.

'At 8pm on the 24th of this month, you are to appear at Gaunchley Manor in regards to the contents of a will, in which matter you have been named a beneficiary.

-enclosure, Alois Kark, Esquire, junior Associate of Ilsk, Orson, and Cragg'

So...someone left you something in their will. Someone you don't know. There's an imponderable.

As you start to push the gate open, you hear the telltale sounds of multiple hoofbeats...at least one is another carriage- you hear the whip-crack- but there may be other, solo riders. You pause.

Your guess was right. Soon, a carriage soon pulls up, disgorging a few passengers- presumably fellow inheritors. And there are 2 horseback riders. One is clearly a there to guard the other rider, a slender half-elf of indeterminate age but undoubtable position.

As she dismounts, you walk over and extend your hand to her...

"Alois Kark, I presume?"

fuzzlewump

First Post
This is how my current (paragon level) campaign started:

You start in the Astral Sea, zapping into existence in a storage room, though the crates and barrels are strewn about the room and some are broken and leaking strange substances. The return portal is a heap of wreckage behind you, and in front of you is a large Iron Dragon which turns from destroying the supplies and greets you with a deafening roar saturated in sparks and bolts of lightning. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Adventurers! Roll initiative.

Groggily you start to open your eyes, instinctively squinting as a piercingly bright light impinges on your vision. As you turn your head away you hear a booming voice.

"Look at your maker, human!"

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Groggily you start to open your eyes, instinctively squinting as a piercingly bright light impinges on your vision. As you turn your head away you hear a booming voice.

"Look at your maker, human!"

maybe you could , rather than say, "meet your maker, human", you could say: "Meet your maker, mortal" if a player is playing another race, then you could also switch in that race.

saztam

First Post
You awake to the sweet smell of flowers, and the wonderous sound of chirping. You open your eyes to a brilliant bright blue sky. What a gorgous day.

But wait... Something is wrong. You sit up as fast as you can. You notice three others around you doing the same thing. You each lay in a perfectly round Scorched area. Suddenly some things become more important... "Where am I?? Who are these people?? What am I doing here?? But then as you say the word I, you realize it has no meaning, no weight behind it.. WHO AM I??

From over the top of the hill a kreening can be heard Suddenly you see three small reptillian humanoids one holds a leash, on the end of which are two nasty looking bipedel lizards.

Roll Init.

theskyfullofdust

First Post
I once started off a campaign with the PCs each having a cursed item, or a curse (if I recall correctly, one was a cursed weapon, one a werewolf; the others I forget).

They start off in the hall of a powerful wizard, who basically tells them in order to remove the curse they need to pay him by undertaking a quest each... which propels them into at least one adventure per PC, if not more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads