D&D 5E YOU are pitching the next big WotC Adventure. What is it???

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Choose one from the following:

Lantan: March of the Modrons. Forgotten Realms-to-Planescape module anthology. Each module is set in a different outer plane.

Cormyr: They came from Wildspace! Forgotten Realms adventure based in Cormyr. Knights in shining armor versus neogi (alien snake-spiders).
Endgame takes place on a neogi battleship hiding among those asteroids orbiting Toril.

Rock of Bral: Realmspace. Spelljammer anthology with two adventures for each of the other planets in Realmspace (one low-level, the other high-level).

Tyr: Sand and Blood. Dark Sun adventure based in the lands around the Free City of Tyr, specifically the Ringing Mountains and the Great Alluvial Sand Wastes.
Endgame big bad is a powerful noble family from Urik who want to impress King Hamanu by using their personal army to conquer either the town of Kled or Altaruk.
Athasian Chronicles. Dark Sun module anthology based in the Tyr Region.
Final module involves exploring the ruins of Guistenal.

Karameikos: The Forgotten Empire. Mystaran adventure. Think Rise of the Runelords but without all the gross parts, Egyptian-themed monsters instead of giants, and a Nithian mummy lord instead of a Thassilonian archwizard.

Athas: Empire of Chitin. Dark Sun adventure. The J’hol-Kreen have moved into the Tyr Region. Destroy their war machines, drive off their insect monsters, kill their leaders, and save the day. All while disrupting the Sorcerer-Kings’ plans to take advantage of the chaos.

Darokin: Chaos Returns. Mystara adventure. Parts of Darokin keep turning into a quasi-nuclear post apocalyptic landscape, only to revert back to normal after a few days!
Mutant-megafauna riding cavemen, flamethrower and harpoon gun-wielding ratfolk, sorcerous cockroach monsters, and robotic creatures rampage across the land.
Endgame big bads are the Oard, time traveling cyborgs from a possible future.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Something big set in the Astral Sea where we can moosh together Planescape and Spelljammer into the Planejammer setting it always should have been.
I'm plotting this campaign out right now*. So I hope of WotC puts this out, they do so in a hurry!

*But in my campaign, the city of Ptolus has been ripped free of its prison world and placed in the Astral Sea. #closeenough

Stormonu

Legend
"Fire Among the Stars" a planescape/spelljammer story that takes the characters through a Githyanki invasion to first deposit them in the mortuary in Sigil to learn that Vlaakith the lich queen plans to awaken a dead god (Tenebrious/Orcus) in an ill-advised attempt to end the menace of the mind flayers (who have their own plot to blot out the suns of various worlds). From there, travel the Astromundi Cluster to the Rock of Braal to deal with treacherous Neogi traders, recruit Giff mercenaries to your cause and rouse the Elvin Armada from its listless slumber to protect the suns from the Illithid fleet, who have allied with the Beholders and their planet devouring Worldcrusher. After blunting the illithid plot, bring the fight to Vlaakith by capturing an Astral Dreadnought and slip it past the Githyanki's Mindblade Fleet to bring a final end to a stirring dead god.

...or plan 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

The Secret City (Side View.jpg

aco175

Legend
I would do a double box set. Create multiple arcs for starter characters. Groups will only be able to go through some of the dungeons and places along the paths before 5th level triggers other possible threats. This way you can play the box a couple times and not have it be the same game depending on the PCs actions.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Background research: what are the best-quality -and- most popular -and- fondly remembered adventures set in Ed Greenwood's Cormyr and the Dales?
The new adventure is a hat-tip to those old adventures. The PCs have to interact with lore and legendary heroes on the way to dealing with a modern problem themselves.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I said it once. I'd say it again.

WAR OF THE PANTHEONS!

A whole set of gods from another world have sent their chapions to yours to wreck shop and/or convert. Every doubter and every soul swayed brings them power.

But how are they different. Well their orcs ae tinkers, their elves are miners,and their halflings do all the magic. And their good and evil forces are united. So must yours.

So can you and former enemies coexist long enough to crush this invasion in its infancy?

pukunui

Legend
I don’t really care about setting or plot or any of that so much. What I’d really like to see is more dynamic environments with terrain that actually has an impact on encounters and dungeons / locations that are truly fantastical. We’ve had glimpses of the possibilities here and there, but WotC tends to default to fairly pedestrian layouts for encounter locations in 5e adventures.

EDIT: By way of example, consider the truly fantastical elemental beacons featured in the Princes of the Apocalypse concept art. The air beacon floats in the air with floating steps that spiral up underneath it, while the water beacon is basically a giant fountain. Those are way more interesting than the tower and riverside castle we got for the air and water cults respectively in the actual adventure.

Last edited:

"Lantan: The Sea Beyond the Stars".

The players are called to Lantan, where they learn two things: the Lantanese have built a spelljammer, and the illithids have a sinister plot to blot out the sun. The players get the ship, have an interlude on the Rock of Bral, and eventually have to journey to the Far Realm itself to undo the illithid threat. Aside from the Far Realm bit, you don't even need to leave the crystal sphere.

I'm not even a Spelljammer fan, but I think the mix of blending voyage fantasy, weird fantasy, and Lovecraftian fantasy could be really cool. The PCs can still buckle some swashes along the way.

MGibster

Legend
What is the genre? What are the main villains? What levels will it be?
I'm thinking it'd be fantasy. But I'd make it a fantasy spy thriller. The PCs go to work for the Harpers motivated by a desire to earn a little coin while doing good for the kingdoms. But through the course of the campaign, the PCs unravel a plot involving senior members of the Harpers creating enemies in order to continue lining their pockets. If there was land they wanted and it was occupied by orcs, they'd steer adventurers into clearing them out of the area, purchase the land for cheap, and make a tidy profit. Thirty years ago, the orcs sued for peace on the grounds that they weren't all a bunch of sociopathic raiders but the senior members of the guild attacked them and kept it secret. Now the PCs must race against time to bring evidence to Waterdeep showing the Harpers for what they truly are.

Main Villains: Harpers/Elminster
Levels: 3-10

Remove ads