D&D 5E YOU are pitching the next big WotC Adventure. What is it???

I'd play the HELL out of the Lantan thing. Of course, if the next big adventure was a level 1-20 Dark Sun sandbox which reran the Prism Pentad with the PCs as the heroes this time round, I'd actually learn to DM on Fantasy Grounds specifically so I could run it because that's almost everything i want in life.

But regardless of what it is, I hope it comes out soon. Cos we're nearly finished with Storm King's Thunder, the group won't be a good fit for Witchlight or Strixhaven, I've read Frostmaiden and am spoiled on it, and someone or other in the group has already played through everything else. And everything Exandria is a big meh for me, so the new CR adventure book isn't too appealing either.

I'd play the HELL out of the Lantan thing.
I've given pretty serious thought to putting the idea to paper, but I'm very iffy on whether or not it could be published on DMsguild. Spelljammer is a no-go, but if you stay in the same crystal sphere, that might be ok...? A helm appeared in a 5e published adventure at one point.

Werehamster

Villager
I don’t really care about setting or plot or any of that so much. What I’d really like to see is more dynamic environments with terrain that actually has an impact on encounters and dungeons / locations that are truly fantastical. We’ve had glimpses of the possibilities here and there, but WotC tends to default to fairly pedestrian layouts for encounter locations in 5e adventures.

EDIT: By way of example, consider the truly fantastical elemental beacons featured in the Princes of the Apocalypse concept art. The air beacon floats in the air with floating steps that spiral up underneath it, while the water beacon is basically a giant fountain. Those are way more interesting than the tower and riverside castle we got for the air and water cults respectively in the actual adventure.
I have something similar in my homebrew campaign. The party isn't even aware it's happening yet! Every encounter the party rolls a d10, and if it's a 10, there is an elemental surge in the area. Random roll from there determines which element and all damage from that source is +50%. You can't prep spells to predict because it takes two rolls to make a specific element happen.

These are caused similar to Feywild and Shadowfell crossovers, only with the elemental planes swinging in and out of the Prime Material at random locations.

pukunui

Legend
I've given pretty serious thought to putting the idea to paper, but I'm very iffy on whether or not it could be published on DMsguild. Spelljammer is a no-go, but if you stay in the same crystal sphere, that might be ok...? A helm appeared in a 5e published adventure at one point.
Yes, Dungeon of the Mad Mage not only has a spelljamming helm but a full (if crashed) spelljammer ship as well. I believe Rime of the Frostmaiden also has a crashed illithid (spelljamming) ship in it.

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
A high level romp through the Astral Plane.
A journey through all 666 layers of the Abyss to destroy Demogorgon. (Just in case all the layers of the Mad Mage weren't enough... :)

Seven Vows.

A kingdom with seven somewhat fractious provinces run by different clans is given an opportunity to come together for a royal wedding. The king has adopted the only survivor of a natural disaster as a daughter, and he wants to find her a spouse. He has asked one representative from each province to accompany a poet to travel the seven provinces, learn the meaning of love for each of the clans. Then they'll return and at the wedding deliver a poem about what love is.

The PCs each pick one province to be from or can be the poet, and there are NPCs queued up for the other slots.

It's a picaresque journey across a fantastic kingdom, with vignettes that are all love themed. But there's also a secret plot that is unveiled bit by bit, and everything will come to a head at the wedding, wherein a supernatural entity hopes to marry into the royal family to break a magical seal holding evil at bay.

Remove ads