• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You Bastard! Returns! - Players Needed! [Free In Game Gifts to New Players!]

Rhun

First Post
I was reading over the list of items and was thinking we should limit the number of times per tier you can purchase a Potion of Greed.. I'm thinking twice per tier... my thoughts on this are that if you keep using and purchasing greed potions you can gain large amount of Yen in a short amount of time...

What to you all think?

As a newcomer, I don't know all that much these things, but it sounds like a fine idea to me.

Rathan

First Post
buy buying a potion of greed you spend 5 yen... and in a match you can use it to gain 8 yen... that's a gain of 3 yen per time purchased.... used every match in a tier... you can gain 15 yen a tier (3 yen per 5 ranks in each tier) or more if it takes you more than 5 matches to gain a tier. To me that's just too much too fast....

Knight Otu

First Post
A limitation on the potion of greed may be a good idea.

Another order of business - seeing how long Rhun has waited for a challenger, what is the general opinion on having multiple characters?

Rathan

First Post
I see no reason why you can't have two characters per player... but anything more than that is too much I think.... it allows one to do something even if one character is already in a match....

Any more thoughts on this or the green potion question?

Rhun

First Post
With only seven players right now, there would always be an odd man out...in allowing 2 characters per player, we have an even 14. Which means nobody should ever be waiting for a new match.

Sounds pretty cool to me! :D

Vertexx69

First Post
Ok with me. I don't have a problem with 2(max) characters per person or buying the same item only 2 times per tier.

Rhun and myself need a judge for our new match, insults have already been thrown.

@ Rathan as soon as you post a challenge you will have an opponent :) Just be sure to link your challenge here.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
So do our PCs actually fight out matches at the place and time the ancient masters decree? Or is it only for dramatic effect, and our PCs fight immediately after the judge rules on the insults?

Rathan

First Post
In older versions of YB there were special things certain tears would get for being fortunate enough to draw one of there known and earned sig styles or locations within the Masters Decree itself... this is no longer the case so mostly it's fluff so just battle at the place the challenge was set forth at if you wish.. or move to the designated location based on the Masters Decree... either is acceptable :)

Remove ads