• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"You enter a 10 ft. x 10 ft. room. You see Cthulhu. Roll for Initiative."

Altalazar said:
I love Cthulu and Lovecraft - so creepy. Long before I actually read any of it, though, someone DMd an adventure that I figured out afterwards was actually based on the mythos - involving a mysterious old seaside town and strange sea creatures (which did not make an appearance til well into the adventure). It was a fun adventure (wholly made up) by a guy who is now a professional playright (and he has had many plays produced).
That doesn't sound wholly made up to me. That sounds like Innesmouth translated from short story to adventure. I should know; I've done exactly that.

Altalazar

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
That doesn't sound wholly made up to me. That sounds like Innesmouth translated from short story to adventure. I should know; I've done exactly that.

I'm sure that is what inspired it, but I read the story later, and it was very different. This was one very creative guy - though nothing compared to his adventure about the "strange and mysterious mind powers of the dead god" adventure.

Remove ads