D&D (2024) You get to just push the 5th level version button!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I still think having Pact Magic+the previous Warlock Half-Cast spell slots method wouldn't be broken/OP.

And while Magical Cunning is a bit of a step in the right direction, I think it needs to have a couple of more uses instead of a 1 use then Long Rest type deal. (I don't know, that's just me).

Like maybe your half of what your Proficiency Score is. So, when your Proficiency score is at 4, you can use Magical Cunning twice.
Treantmonk talks about his experience playing as the half caster warlock in a playtest group in his reaction video & it was pretty positive. Pact magic is incredibly broken/OP as long as it continues to use
1694183650421.png

blue=long rest arcanum
They never actually fall behind. When regular casters start to stagnate when they hit 4th & 5th+ level slots to effectively freeze their lower level slot gains the warlock keeps getting the same 1x slot of N level at the same levels full casters get them on top of accumulating more & more short rest recovering 5th level slots.

Pact magic never acknowledges the slowdowns or freezes in slot gains & progresses the warlock as if it's stacked against
1694184179528.png
1694184218636.png
In fact given that the current wizard has 22 prep to the sorcerer's 22+10 known I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those if they don't plan on changing pact magic excess

Remove ads