Your dream DM

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Well if we can vote for people living or dead I'd have to go with the following:

1) HP Lovecraft - I don't think it would matter what game he'd be running... the man can build suspense.
2) Clive Barker - After reading Imajica I'd love for Clive to run a Mage: The Ascension game for me. I'm sure he could do an amazing job with Planescape too.
3) Robert Jordan - I'm sure you all know why.

Rackhir

Explorer
Calico_Jack73 said:
3) Robert Jordan - I'm sure you all know why.

You love spending hours being introduced to Aes Sedai and listening to days long descriptions of what they're wearing and how they take baths?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
It's very humbling and gratifying to have been mentioned a couple times in this thread. I would like to imagine that I might live up to the hype.

For all those who mentioned Piratecat, you have every reason to make that choice. Having just had him as a GM for two days in a row, I'm even more convinced that he just has an amazing natural talent for the craft and has also worked hard to hone his style. However, I think that he doesn't get enough mention for being an awesome PLAYER as well. Any GM would be lucky to have this guy in their group because the energy and creativity that he brings to the game just..."kicks it up a notch or three" is the only way I can describe it.

Other dream GM's of mine (and both of whom I've gotten to play with in the past) are Old One and Henry. They are both just such solid crafters of the game that you feel like you're being educated as well as entertained.

I also simply MUST mention a little known guy around here by the name of Ethernaut who I got to travel to GenCon with last year and see again this year too. Not just a great guy to hang out with but an absolute MASTER of pacing a game. To say that my approach to game pacing was improved from talking with him is a considerable understatement.

Remove ads