Your Favorite Call of Cthulhu Campaign/ Adventure?

Retreater

Legend
Hello all.
My group has recently decided to leave the Dungeon for a change of pace, and they want to go back to Cthulhu. We wrapped up a Masks of Nyarlahotep campaign about two years ago, so we're looking for the next good one.
Any time period is open, though we're using the Chaosium rules (so no d20 stuff).
What do you recommend?

It's been a while, but I was a player in a long Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign in the '90 and early '00s. We had a fabulous time.

Based on that game, I've always wanted to play through Masks of Nyarlahotep but haven't had a chance yet.

All of the other CoC adventures I've played were originals.

Celebrim

Legend
I've never played them, but I suspect 'Beyond the Mountains of Madness' and the new pulp Cthulhu campaign 'The Two Headed Serpant' would both be excellent campaigns.

Honestly, my favorite scenario continues to be the 5e introductory scenario 'Edge of Darkness'.

Retreater

Legend
It's been a while, but I was a player in a long Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign in the '90 and early '00s. We had a fabulous time.

Based on that game, I've always wanted to play through Masks of Nyarlahotep but haven't had a chance yet.

All of the other CoC adventures I've played were originals.

I've been gaming since the late 80s, and I can say that some of the most memorable gaming I've had has been in Masks. I highly recommend it.

The best experience I have run was BEYOND THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS. Thematic, scary, literary -- awesomeness.

MASKS was tremendous fun, but much more of a pulp experience. A very different feel, but I've had similar experiences with other, non-horror games, so BtMoM wisen for me.

Outside of CoC, DRACULA DOSSIER pips both the above. ETERNAL LIES fell after both for me.

Each of those I ran for 25+ sessions over 2-3 years, so a comparable experience in terms of time.

Remove ads